Greetings from Northern England.

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Greetings from Northern England.

Postby Andypips » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Andy, and I'm from Sheffield in England. I am 39, but I still feel 15 :D I first came into contact with Eckhart by purchasing the audiobook of 'The Power of now', about four years ago. My marriage had come to an amicable end, and I still keep in contact with my ex wife, who is still a dear friend. After we parted I found I had a lot of time to think. Being in relationships since leaving highschool meant that I initially found this freedom to be very liberating. In a selfish way, I did not have to consider anyone else, at least for a while. I have never followed a religion, and further to that I have never had any religious ideals bestowed upon me. Fortunately, in my opinion, this has left me with a very open and inquisitive mind about what different groups of people think about their world. I feel my parents brought me up to respect life in general, be it sentient or not, and accept the beliefs of others as their right to possess.

Although I have no attachment to religion, I am quite a spiritual person, however I found I had no direction or experience in what purpose it could serve. I was, at the time of my divorce, a full time intensive care nurse, which in its own particular way is very stressful, as many jobs are. I am now a part time nurse and semi professional atist. Maybe because my wife was in the same profession, we offloaded most of this stress on each other by debriefing after work. This of course was no longer an option. I began to look at the principles behind Buddhism, at the suggestion of a Sikh friend ironically, as he thought it may give me some grounding in a more established philosophy. He was right to an extent, however I also read around other philosophies and that is where I came accross Mr Tolle himself. He was like a key opening the door to my mind. The thoughts and suggestions he pronounced gelled with me instantly, or at least it seemed that way. I bought the book itself and listnened or read the book too many times to remember. I cannot say it came easily, but I now have a basic methodology which is becomming more of a way of life rather than a practice. I could go on and on but I feel my little self indulgent introduction will suffice and I thank you for your moments :)
Andypips

Re: Greetings from Northern England.

Postby kiki » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Welcome to the board, Andy.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Greetings from Northern England.

Postby runstrails » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Welcome, Andy. Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to your posts!
runstrails

Return to Introductions