Waking up, steadily . . .

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Waking up, steadily . . .

Postby Tyler S » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 am

Hey there, so I guess my story is as follows - -

A while back I read the power of now, some interesting implications but it didn't take me full fledge the first time I read it. I thought I understood, I wanted to badly, but it never got around to me. I ended up letting my girlfriend at the time borrow it, and it seemed to have profound implications on her - - she would often discuss it, but it was hard for me to relate because I never fully understood it.

More than a year passed when a woman came to my wicket where I work (the bank) with a copy of A New Earth - - I just seen Eckhart Tolle's name on it and mentioned that I read one of his books a while back. I remember her telling me how absolutely profound she was found 'A New Earth.' In fact, she was on her second read. She seemed incredibly happy about it. I wanted to get it so bad (his ideas). Weeks passed and I was on a continued plan to balance myself - restore my health. 'Purify' myself physically. After reading many books on nutrition and health, and feeling much much better because of the changes I've been making, I decided to attempt to clarify my mind. I purchased 'A New Earth' on a whim one day as well as some other self help book I haven't started to read yet... and I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother.

When I was younger, I would have sudden 'wake up' calls when I thought 'Wow, I'm alive . . . I'm being now, this is amazing' then snap back to conditioned thought. At that age it was actually a little scary, it wasn't a feeling of bliss as I'm lead to believe now. So I've always known I had natural spiritual implications (as we all do, I suppose).

About a week in, I'm starting to really see. It was frustrating at first (I know it isn't suppose to be), because not only does my mind race continually, but I haven't had the experience of stepping outside of my mind and seeing my true self (being) and my mind activated at the same time. And even with the knowledge I do now possess, I often find myself rambling on in my mind about this and that, which happened outside of the now (and I know doesn't really exist) - yet I continue anyway (I forget, in a sense). The experiences I have had are as follows: My mind racing, heart beat increased, suddenly I remember and 'interrupt' my thoughts with calm. I say, that was my ego, I realize it is useless mind chatter, unproductive, and resistance to what is causes pain, I now feel calm. I equate the feeling to be incredibly stressed one moment, in utter hell, and the next moment I'm sipping a tequila next to the ocean. It's a wonderful step, but I have yet to see myself for what I really am. I think the important thing is that I'm on the right path, and I understand the ideas wholly. Of course I also know the 'longing' to eventually be isn't exactly the right way either - rather I need to work on it, during the now, whenever I have the opportunity.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for being a part of this and helping me.
Tyler S

Re: Waking up, steadily . . .

Postby Blenderhead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Welcome 8)
Blenderhead

Postby runstrails » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Welcome, Tyler! Enjoy the forum.
runstrails

Postby kiki » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello, and welcome to the board, Tyler.

When I was younger, I would have sudden 'wake up' calls when I thought 'Wow, I'm alive . . . I'm being now, this is amazing' then snap back to conditioned thought.

This reminds me of my youth when I'd spontaneously slip into thought-free awareness, usually at night while waiting for sleep to come, and afterward my mind would start racing again, wondering what had just happened. Then I'd spend all kinds of energy and effort to figure out how to get it back.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Introductions