What's a corporeal body to do?

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
xxx

What's a corporeal body to do?

Post by xxx » Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I just woke up.

and now ask the question

What do I do with this power?

I am fully in control of the moment, and that gives power and ??responsibility??

I am not sure I want to spend the now in my ego-chosen career. clearly not, as i surf the net for other options.

Let it be...?

DanWyns

Re: What's a corporeal body to do?

Post by DanWyns » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Waking up is an ongoing process, not an Ah-Ha moment, then done

What to do? The old advice can not be improved upon - "Cut wood, carry water"
Do what you've always done. Give it your full attention.

Here's something "to do" - stop thinking there is something more. There's not.
And quit worrying about "the ego". It gets way more attention than it deserves.
“Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty” - John Lennon

xxx

Post by xxx » Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 pm

ok. be. got it...

jack1000062

Post by jack1000062 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 am

As someone who used to be a car salesman, I disagree. Cut wood carry water works, commission sales and many other modern occupations seem meaningless after awakening. welcome to the forum, Enjoy.

xxx

Post by xxx » Mon May 23, 2011 3:56 pm

I am a biologist. Suddenly so much of my work seems... well, wrong.

I don't want to sacrifice animals, I don't want to read esoteric papers, I don't want to find cures for something that can only truly be cured from within, or accepted.

I have tried squinting, looking at it from different directions, tried focusing on helping the suffering on the people around me.

But my true self is utterly directionless. Completely focused on the moment and enjoying the moment, and does not give any direction. That surprised me, how my true self is really just along for the ride.

Professions must be chosen by the ego, as they are such an unnatural state. I believe true expression can set you free from this circle, as I see examples of it everywhere in music, art, literature, even in science. Yet, it does not come just now. Like trying to grasp light.

Sometime it's difficult to be.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue May 24, 2011 6:37 pm

xxx -

Welcome to the forum. The first "aftershock" of the shift is disorientation, in general. Eckhart took several years to clear through that, including two on the park bench. I don't think that is necessary for most people.

Start with John Welwood's fine article on embodying your realization: http://www.johnwelwood.com/articles/Embodying.pdf

His published works are wonderful, also.

Your discovery of egoic motivation is valid. That said, I have found that my primary motivation for action is now radiating love. That can be done in a wide variety of ways, from a simple smile to much deeper expressions of appropriate intimacy. Your discovery is that we are all One, of course, and biological research can make a large beneficial difference in many lives.

But who knows, maybe the universe will draw you in a different direction. Listen to your newly "tuned" antennae.

Namaste,

Andy

PS - Welcome back, Dan.......wise words.
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 pm

'Waking up is an ongoing process, not an Ah-Ha moment, then done'
Did not Eckhart himself have a ah-ah moment of waking up?

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:39 pm

In my opinion, the jury is still out on this (event vs. process of awakening). Of course, ET had a huge "wake-up moment." So did Osho, Adya had three, Buddha had one, Nisargadatta and Balsekar had one, etc. But the Dzogchen Buddhists suggest a long process, Ramana had a first glimpse, then went into the cave for ten years, even Jac O'Keeffe talks about a process, despite some huge "experiences." Gary Weber had a blowout experience, so did Byron Katie and David Carse.

Speaking for myself, there was a big kensho, then a long period of integration, and still some ego eruptions, seen through though they may be.

And where, in all of this, is the ultimate measuring stick which we can apply to everyone? (I.e. "well, if you didn't have this experience then you did not wake up...")

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Lilili

Post by Lilili » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm

As for me, I am aware how much ego was ruling my life. How much suffer i went through due to ego. I recommend yoga and meditation. But that isn`t of much help if we after 20min of practicing meditation continue letting thoughts to flow in our mind, and basicaly nothing has changed. We have that habit to think so much and not alowing the space, the empty space within us.

During the day in my mind often there are many thoughts. I tell to myself, ok those are just thoughts, just ego. And I feel ego is the fear, fear that i feel from life in general. And when i try not to think, and i say ok, i won`t think about something which bothers me, the mind starts to play a game. Coz that my decision is also ego speaking.

But i have to say, more and more i am able to make a space within me, just alowing myself to be, and than ego is gone. i feel than that, i can`t say i am soo happy, but i am in peace, and that is the start, i feel healthy..and good.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 am

Lilili wrote:As for me, I am aware how much ego was ruling my life. How much suffer i went through due to ego. I recommend yoga and meditation. But that isn`t of much help if we after 20min of practicing meditation continue letting thoughts to flow in our mind, and basicaly nothing has changed. We have that habit to think so much and not alowing the space, the empty space within us.

During the day in my mind often there are many thoughts. I tell to myself, ok those are just thoughts, just ego. And I feel ego is the fear, fear that i feel from life in general. And when i try not to think, and i say ok, i won`t think about something which bothers me, the mind starts to play a game. Coz that my decision is also ego speaking.

But i have to say, more and more i am able to make a space within me, just alowing myself to be, and than ego is gone. i feel than that, i can`t say i am soo happy, but i am in peace, and that is the start, i feel healthy..and good.
Some Joy coming through there in your words Lilili ... a Joy with no polar despair staring it down from the other side of the table ...
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.