Finally found a home!

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Finally found a home!

Postby Serenity 247 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 am

Hi everyone. I'm so glad to have found you all, as I've been searching for an active ET forum for years. I found many not-so-active ones, and somehow this one never came up in my Google searches. But as they say: "When you're ready, the teacher will come." Since the universe is unfolding exactly as it should, apparently I just wasn't ready until now.  :lol:

About ten years ago I met someone who advised me to read "Power of Now," and to my amazement, I understood it fully. I say "amazement" because I'm a very logical, doubtful, show-me-empirical-proof kind of person. Yet I realized immediately that Eckhart Tolle's teaching is the truth, and if I embraced it, it would not only change my life, but it also has the power to change the world.

I'm fortunate that I'm able to quickly and easily enter the now whenever I wish. But I'm unfortunate too, because I've been cursed with an extremely strong egoic mind that is constantly trying to regain control.  As fate would have it, my husband developed chronic depression shortly after I discovered presence, and like many others with that illness, he blamed his spouse for his unhappiness to avoid dealing with the real cause. Living with a man who acted like he hated me created constant emotional upheaval, giving my egoic mind an unfair advantage. (I know that life's trials are an opportunity to strengthen our presence, but it never works that way for me. In times of trouble, "I" disappear completely and torturous thinking returns. During these times, I find it difficult to even meditate, much less enter the now.)

But thankfully I made it through the last ten years, my husband has nearly overcome his illness, and I'm eagerly pursuing life in the NOW. :D
Peace, love and sandy feet.
Serenity 247

Re: Finally found a home!

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 am

Welcome Serenity. Glad you found us. Strange, Google didn't show us, we usually show up first. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby kiki » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 am

Hello Serenity, and welcome to the board - I'm glad you found us and that your husband is better.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby hanss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Welcome :)

Webwanderer wrote:Google didn't show us, we usually show up first.

There is some collective ego present here though :D
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby kiki » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 pm

There is some collective ego present here though :D

Not necessarily - WW was just making a statement of fact. :)
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Serenity 247 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I too find it strange that I didn't find this forum sooner as it does indeed come up first in a Google search. I guess it's just one more example how things come into our lives exactly when they should. (I've noticed that happens a lot in life.)

When these weird things happen, it illustrates to me what ET teaches about the irrelevance of time. My first inclination was to think, "Why couldn't I have found this community during those dark years when I really needed it?" My next thought was, "Doesn't matter. I have it now."
Peace, love and sandy feet.
Serenity 247

Postby ZenCowgirl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Ha. I found this home two years ago - and then I leave because I think 'oh that's not home' - and then I return - and say, "oh, I'm glad I read that post." And et cetera. It's all at the right time. Welcome - it's exciting to the spirit each time we see your Avatar.
ZenCowgirl

Postby erict » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you for sharing your excitement in finding us. :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Introductions