Forum Updates and Upgrades

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Forum Updates and Upgrades

Post by erict » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:19 pm

The forum has been moved to a newer, faster, better server, and the forum software has been updated as well.

Hopefully this will result in a better experience for everyone, but in the coming days we may encounter some issues due to this major change.

As always, if you do encounter any problems, or have any questions, please do share these with us, and we will try to resolve any issues and help with any difficulties or new features.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

kiki

Re: Forum Updates and Upgrades

Post by kiki » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:57 am

It's working great; (en)lightning speed. Thanks.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

jukai

Post by jukai » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 am

erict (and team) - Just wanted to say thanks for the effort to make this forum available to all.

Also, I was wondering - were there any "heads up" notifications that went out before this recent outage that I might have missed ? I kept wondering what was going on with the site. It would have been nice to know that maintenance was going on (as opposed to one of many other possible scenarios). I just got a page saying, "This site is not available."

Maybe I missed the heads up that the site was going down ? Was the maintenance planned or did it happen impromptu ? Not a big deal, just wondering.

Again, great work !

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 am

It was unanticipated at first. There was some problem with the hosting and subdomain that took a while to resolve, but now we moved to a better hosting server, where I expect resolving problems will be much faster.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

rodriguez_88

Post by rodriguez_88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:37 am

Hi, erict

Where can one donate to the site?