(Bookmarking and Subscribing) A query about Board settings.

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

(Bookmarking and Subscribing) A query about Board settings.

Postby Murali » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi All,

After reading the posts, If one likes the threads, Can one make that thread to be favorite or Put it in a folder, so that one can view it later ? Is there such a feature such as Subscribing to threads?

Thanks In advance,
Murali

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:50 pm

Murali, I don't believe that creating personal folders for topics is available on this forum. You can however, cut and paste posts you like to a word program of your own for later review.
Webwanderer

Re: A query about Board settings.

Postby Murali » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks, Webwanderer.

:)
Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive." -Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Murali

Re: A query about Board settings.

Postby erict » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 pm

Actually, I just did a little checking and I think what you were wondering about is possible after all.

http://www.inner-growth.info/spiritual_enlightenment_forum/faq.php#f80

What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
Bookmarking in phpBB3 is much like bookmarking in your web browser. You aren’t alerted when there’s an update, but you can come back to the topic later. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to the topic or forum on the board via your preferred method or methods.

How do I subscribe to specific forums or topics?
To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.

How do I remove my subscriptions?
To remove your subscriptions, go to your User Control Panel and follow the links to your subscriptions.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: (Bookmarking and Subscribing) A query about Board settings.

Postby erict » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:15 pm

I just realized that it's possible that this post was actually made on the old forum? hehehe. Was it?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: (Bookmarking and Subscribing) A query about Board settings.

Postby Seeker1977 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 pm

I bookmarked a number of topics. But where are my bookmarks? How do I visit a bookmarked topic? Do I have to go into User Control Panel and chose Manage Bookmarks each time to get to my bookmarks or is there an easier way?
“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -- Buddha
Seeker1977

Return to Support and Technical Questions