website name

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

website name

Postby spikyface » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:08 am

Hi

First of all let me say that the forum is great and very well maintained and I'm grateful for all the work that erict does in order to keep it going

The forum name is a bit long and difficult to remember though

Would it be possible for you to buy another domain (say tolleforum.com which I have checked and is available) and set it up to forward to here or something?

You can get it for about £40 for a 10 year lease from http://www.luckyregister.com and I'd be willing to donate that amount to help make it happen

Luckyregister allow you to forward to another domain as part of the purchase price

If for whatever reason this isn't possible, no worries, it was just a suggestion

Thanks
Last edited by spikyface on Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within
spikyface

Re: website name

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 am

Spikeyface, thanks for your interest in the well being of this forum. I'm sure Eric will be along to speak to your suggestion in the next couple of days. If for some reason he doesn't post right away you may want to send him a PM. That way he can answer you direct.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby spikyface » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am

Will do, thanks
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within
spikyface

Postby erict » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:52 am

I'm afraid this will do more damage than good. If I move the forum to a new domain, it will lose its ranking in google and other search engines and less people will be able to find it. Adding another domain simply to forward is likely to have a negative effect with the search engines as well.

I recommend you get Google toolbar. There you can type "tolle forum" and you're one click away from the forum. I don't know how people can live without the Google toolbar. :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby spikyface » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:25 am

No worries, I've got it bookmarked now

Thanks for the quick response
spikyface

Return to Support and Technical Questions