gettin logged out

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

gettin logged out

Postby tropria » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:45 am

So I spend about 5-10 minuted composing a wonderful reply to someones post when I go to submit to find out i've been logged out somehow. So I get the message, "you must be logged in to reply..." Am I doing something wrong? I know for sure I am logged in when I reply. Thanks for any response :)
tropria

Re: gettin logged out

Postby erict » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 am

Hi, first of all, when you log in, make sure to tick the "Log me on automatically each visit" check box. Secondly, make sure that cookies are enabled in your browser. This should resolve the problem, but just in case you can write your posts in MS Word or notepad first and then copy-paste them into the browser.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Also, if you lose your post, you can hit the "back" button on your task bar and this will usually recover your text.
Webwanderer

Postby erict » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Also, if you lose your post, you can hit the "back" button on your task bar and this will usually recover your text.

Well, that is if you were smart enough to be using Firefox and not Microsoft Internet Explorhell :lol:
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby tropria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:07 am

Thanks for your responses, i'll follow the advice. I'm using Safari on Mac and definately could use a newer computer. :)
tropria

Return to Support and Technical Questions