'Stickies'

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

'Stickies'

Postby Hand » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Erict

Just wondering is it possible to have 'stickies' on this board i.e. to pin the really useful topics at the top of the categories?

Regards

Hand
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.
Hand

Re: 'Stickies'

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm

It is, but by moderators and admin only. We try to keep stickies to a minimum so as not to take up too much space on the top page. The truth is that there are many very insightful threads that have long since fallen to secondary pages, but that is what happens as new members revisit consistant themes in their own unique way.

Oops, just noticed this was addressed to Erict. It's early at this writing and I'm still clearing the cobwebs.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby erict » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Firstly, thank you, Web, for answering. I would just like to add that there's a very useful feature that may benefit you in this regard. What I'm talking about is: Bookmark topic. At the bottom of the page, of any topic, you will find a the 'Bookmark topic' link, which will enable you to add it to your bookmarks. You can access/manage your bookmarks from the User Control Panel.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Good tip, thanks Erict.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Hand » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks Erict (and WW)

I will investigate the 'bookmark' function! very useful.

Regards

Hand
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.
Hand

Return to Support and Technical Questions