seeing only new posts

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

seeing only new posts

Postby karmarider » Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm

When I sign on, I'd like to see only the posts that are new or have had new replies since my last session. Is there a quick way to do this?
karmarider

Re: seeing only new posts

Postby James » Thu May 21, 2009 1:41 am

Yes there is. When you are logged in, click on view active topics from the index page.
Then Heidi mentioned this recently, she said:
When the icon is red it has new posts you haven't read yet.
When there's a star, it's a topic you have contributed to.
When it's scrolling (I think) it's a very active topic.
When it's black there's been no new activity.

Taken from this topic: Animated icons next to headings, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5408&p=39005#p39005

This works if you stay logged in, so check the box that says keep me logged in each time I visit; if you log off and come back as a visitor, it won't record the ones you have read as a visitor/guest.

P.S. Thanks for all your contributions and insights here. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Re: seeing only new posts

Postby karmarider » Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks, James! Technology is amazing when it works.
karmarider

Return to Support and Technical Questions