Lounge Forum

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

Lounge Forum

Postby domokato » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Can we get a lounge forum? Where we can talk casually about whatever?
~housecat
domokato

Re: Lounge Forum

Postby erict » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 pm

I'd like to hear the thoughts of the other team members before I respond.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby domokato » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 pm

I feel like we've formed some bonds on this forum and it'd be a shame that we're not allowed to get to know each other beyond awakening/eckhart :)
~housecat
domokato

Postby Sighclone » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 am

My experience with those sort of things is that they get polluted with gossip and goofballs and egos. Yes, there is some intimacy to be achieved, but they require more moderating than the value they provide - there are always PMs for those who want to chat privately...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:25 am

I agree with Andy. Members are free to PM each other and exchange emails, phone numbers or whatever. An open lounge seems to be an invitation to distraction from the primary purpose of this forum. Keeping our focus to awakening and related discussions, in my opinion, is our best course.

I still remember the chatroom experiment.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby erict » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 am

I suggest the http://now-for-you.com/ forum.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Awareness » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 am

There is always the chat room where "pollution with gossip and goofballs and egos" (sounds fun , isn't it ?) along with genuine conscious hearty talks arise,
in a friendly environment that does not discriminate against any expression but it does moderate extremes for the sake of peace.
Come if you dare :-) Link is in my signature.
Awareness

Postby Onceler » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Sighclone wrote:My experience with those sort of things is that they get polluted with gossip and goofballs and egos. Yes, there is some intimacy to be achieved, but they require more moderating than the value they provide - there are always PMs for those who want to chat privately...

Andy

Agreed!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby randomguy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Does more admin policing mean less admin posting? If so, I say keep 'em posting. The after hours party traditionally seems to be somewhere else anyway. Would one of those links to other forums do? I think I saw a William Shattner avatar for a member there. Yeah, that looks like it could be the spot.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby mmy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Eric, please keep the main focus of this forum intact, it is moderated so well.
mmy

Return to Support and Technical Questions