Zen Golf - Joseph Parent

Zen Golf - Joseph Parent

Postby Sighclone » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 am

Parent studied with Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in Boulder and others. His book outlines some mental techniques to help your play. He has a section on negative thinking and how to let it dissipate, emphasizes the entire golf shot, including, after the swing, how you deal with good shots, and many other pointers -- much of value in here for life as well -- highly recommended.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Zen Golf - Joseph Parente

Postby KathleenBrugger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 am

:lol: Even if you don't play golf?! :lol:
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby Sighclone » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Even if you don't play golf?! :lol:

Yes!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Fore » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:21 am

I wonder if Tiger has read this?

There seems a lot of emphasis on concentration from the brief description of the book, I wonder if it touches on insight?

Tiger could have used some insight a few years back, with regards to keeping his club in the bag. :roll:

We are knee deep into a serious winter at the moment, no golf for some time yet. :(
Fore

Postby kiki » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Tiger could have used some insight a few years back, with regards to keeping his club in the bag.

Would that be his putter or his driver?
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Fore » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Well he's half black and half Asian so I imagine his club resembles a billionaires. :mrgreen:

That Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche fellow has quite a track record as well, perhaps I should steer clear of this book and these teachings. :roll:
Fore

Re: Zen Golf - Joseph Parent

Postby Sighclone » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:01 am

Chogyam's life was indeed dramatic. But the teachings in the book are fine...have to do with how to deal with emotions on the course, and attitudes towards the swing and the game. Any golfer could benefit, in my opinion.

Andy
Sighclone

Re: Zen Golf - Joseph Parent

Postby Fore » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Sighclone wrote:Chogyam's life was indeed dramatic. But the teachings in the book are fine...have to do with how to deal with emotions on the course, and attitudes towards the swing and the game. Any golfer could benefit, in my opinion.

Perhaps this book will happen across my path, and I'll get a chance to read it. Until then the PGA will have to wait. :D
Fore

Return to Recommended Books