Dying to be Me

Dying to be Me

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 am

Dying to be Me from Anita Moorjani. Probably been read already by certain forum members. But, had to post about it. More than halfway through this book and wow. Just an incredible, powerful, awesome read.

It's one of those books where you can seriously read it in one setting. I resonate so much with her perception of fear prior to her NDE and how her NDE helped shape her views on human health and I've gotten such incredible insight from reading this book in relation to my own health issues.

I've read a few Nanci Danison books now over the past few months and while her NDE might have been more profound (meaning, she might have gone deeper than most), 'Dying to be Me' has a much more relate able 'human' take on life I personally feel.

Highly recommend it.
Enlightened2B

Re: Dying to be Me

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Wanted to share a couple of verses from the book which highly resonated with me. For those who think free will is non existent. Another Near Deather (Anita) who challenges that the notion of no free will is just merely another belief.

I became aware that we're all connected. This was not only every person and living creature, but the interwoven unification felt as though it were expanding outward to include everything in the universe-every human, animal, plant, insect, mountain, sea, inanimate object, and the cosmos. I realized that the entire universe is alive and infused with consciousness, encompassing all of life and nature. Everything belongs to an infinite Whole. I was intricately, inseparably enmeshed with all of life. We're all facets of that unity-we're all One, and each of us has an effect on the collective Whole

Next time you think that you have no say, you most certainly do. Everything each of us does, affects everything else in existence from the smallest level to the greater level. This is what I've gained from studying NDE's.

It's also common in certain spiritual circles to believe that the human sensory/perception is all there is. This was the basis for the book 'Consciousness is All' by Peter Dziuban or certain westernized Direct Path teachings. Here's another Near Deather (Anita) who counters this as well:

Imagine if you will, a huge, dark warehouse. You live there with only one flashlight to see by. Everything you know about what's contained within this enormous space is what you've seen by the beam of one small flashlight. Whenever you want to look for something, you may or may not find it, but that doesn't mean the thing doesn't exist. It's there, but you just haven't shone your light on it. This is what physical life is like. We're only aware of what we focus our senses on at any given time, and we can only understand what is already familiar

Meaning, just because we can't see the bigger picture from our tiny limited human perspectives, does not mean it does not exist. It's only our limited beliefs which claim as such. This is what awakening is to me. Realizing that our perspectives are just that....our own unique perspectives.
Enlightened2B

Postby kafi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks for the review.
I have read the book and found it great.

At the end, there is a chapter about how her life unfolded in the being mode,
where it is about wishing and allowing things to unfold. That was a great story about how Source works in miraculous ways once we let go of fear. There is a higher guiding force at work.

The awareness we are told to rest in is not just some aloof witness. It is a very alive being with a will and intelligence much superior to our own. It is capable of orchestrating the most amazing synchronicities.
kafi

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:26 pm

That higher guiding force is you. There is nothing separate from you guiding you. It's all you as Source expressing itself.

We are the ones as Source who orchestrate our own synchronicities either pre-incarnation or through conscious/unconscious manifestation while in physical form. It's all a connection of cause/effect on every imaginable and unimaginable level as I see it. Some of it operating consciously, some of it unconsciously and much of it in between. The signs are always there if we are willing to see them. Therefore, free will is absolutely always at play IF one is consciously aware of the cause and effect from a somewhat greater perspective. Otherwise, from our own limited perspectives, it seems that we don't have the freedom.

I didn't finish the book yet. Definitely will this weekend.

Thanks for the post.
Enlightened2B

Return to Recommended Books