"Vivation - The Skill of Happiness" by Jim Leonard

Sandro

"Vivation - The Skill of Happiness" by Jim Leonard

Post by Sandro » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi to all,

I'm reading a book called "Vivation - The Skill of Happiness" by Jim Leonard

http://www.amazon.com/Vivation-Skill-Ha ... F8&s=books

that teaches a "method" (called Vivation) of integrating every sensation one has inside. I think it may be very useful with strong pain bodies.
The author speaks of the perfection of the present moment that can be realized practicing Vivation. Many other concept he uses are in alignement with what Eckhart Tolle teaches.

I would like to know if there is someone here who has practiced Vivation and what is his/her experience with the method.

Thank you
Sandro

P.S. For anyone interested in knowing more on Vivation:
http://www.vivation.com/index.htm
and look at the articles.

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Hello Sandro ,

I have been interested in vivation since I picked up a battered old copy of " Vivation - the science of enjoying all of your life".

I also felt that it would be a great way to work with my pain body.I've searched many times to try & find a vivation therapist in my area ,but so far no success. I too would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this type of therapy.

I agree that it's very much in alignment with what Eckhart teaches. A real practical way to become aware of patterns of resistance, make them conscious & then release the resistance through surrender & acceptance.

Although I haven't actually tried it with a therapist I still gained a lot from reading the book. I did attempt to try doing it on my own a couple of times but I wasn't sure I was doing the right breathing . At least with a therapist present you could relax & go with the flow.

moonlight :)

Sandro

Post by Sandro » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi moonlight,

thank you for your reply...I didn't hope in a reply anymore :D

I have tried vivation on my own as well and I have had some success even though I have some trouble with the breathing.
I plan to do some session with some vivation teacher (I'm more lucky than you: there are some teacher that I can reach in a one hour journey) even though I have not so much money, because I think they can be of great help.

Thank you again
Sandro

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:19 am

Sandro it is certainly worth trying & I do hope this therapy is helpful to you. I'm sure that once you have experienced the integration process you'll be able to do it on your own too. Not sure how many sessions you would need to really get the hang of it.

I found that without having a therapist to guide me that my mind was far too active & constantly questioning what was going on. I just couldn't keep enough attention on the body sensations & breathing .

Would be interested to hear how you get on as I would still love to give this one a go myself . Good luck :)

Sandro

Post by Sandro » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi Moonlight!
good luck to you also :D

I haven't already done any vivation session...but today I was web surfing and at the namaste publishing site I saw the book "The Presence Process: A Healing Journey into Present Moment Awareness" by Michael Brown

http://www.amazon.com/Presence-Process- ... F8&s=books

I don't know anything about this method but I saw it uses the connected breathing...may be it has some likeliness with vivation

Has anyone read it?

Sandro

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:20 am

I read Michael Brown's book and liked it a lot. I have not practiced the exercises in his book. He explains how certain emotional dramas are created in early childhood and then replay themselves out for the rest of our lives.

Foxtrot

Post by Foxtrot » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Michael Brown's book The Presence Process is excellent. He explains very well how people pick up their belief structures, emotional patterns, etc and then act them out unconciously over and over again. More importantly though, he guides you threw 12 lessons I think it was, each lesson focused on for a week, that if you really apply yourself, even though some days you won't want to ( :P ), will change the way you view the world, and deepen your understanding of Tolle's teachings. You will get a good look at how your mind creates the illusion you call the world, and some genuine " OMG " moments. If your new to Tolle, and think what he says sounds good but your not sure what the NOW or Prescence or the Present Moment is on an experential level, get this book. Do the lessons. Then reread Tolle. Great for those who may just be starting out or those who feel they may have hit a plateau.

:P Joy on your journey of Self Discovery :P

Sandro

Post by Sandro » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 am

Foxtrot and weopposedeception thank you for the comments...

Have I understood it right about the use of a certain type of breathing in this method?

In yours opinion is the method simple or is it complicated?

Thank you!!
Sandro

Foxtrot

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:40 am

Method is very simple. Just read over the lesson your working on (only a couple pages). Keep the key phrase in mind here and there through the day, and a 15 min. meditation twice a day which uses connected breathing. Very simple, explained in easy to understand language.

Even though I had done this type of work before and didn't think I would get anything from it, I tried it on a recommendation from a friend. I was very happy that I went through the process

:P Joy on your Journey of Self Discovery :P