Already on Holy Ground by J.K. Bailey

Already on Holy Ground by J.K. Bailey

Postby kiki » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:53 am

I discovered this book published by Hazelden, which is famous for treating people with alcohol and drug addiction. A friend of mine works with those who are controlled by these addictions and this was part of the library where she works. It puts awakening in the context of daily life.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846
kiki

Re: Already on Holy Ground by J.K. Bailey

Postby Yutso » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 am

Thank you Kiki. I know somebody who may have a drinking problem and am hoping this will make a good Christmas gift.
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks Kiki, I went roaming around to find snippets and came across our own dear Sandy's website :) and an excerpt
from John Bailey's meeting with William Samuel.

http://www.williamsamuel.com/Meeting%20 ... Samuel.htm

What is this elusive it that Samuel speaks of?
He simply means that Eternity's presence is there with us.
His words reflect the transcendent hush that fills the room.

Just then, I become conscious of the presence, too.

For the first time in twenty years of repeating mantras, counting breaths, praying to the cosmos, practicing yoga postures, and studying the great spiritual texts, I consciously experience being in the presence. And it happens without any effort—without doing anything at all!

It is 'this easy'...
and yes... "acknowledgment is crucial" in order to re-cognise it in any and every moment.

By acknowledging we bring it into our thinking mind perception - now that seems a contradiction, for most of the time that we are in this state of presence we are not in our thinking mind - some might say left brain because it 're-cognises' and labels it 'awareness, peace, presence'.

Wonder if Sandy can pitch in with any perspectives?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby SandyJoy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Jen and Kiki,

I had not seen this post--- until now--and now it is months later.

I want to say it was a lovely surprise to see John Bailey's book mentioned. Yes, John is a great guy and I think he is working on a new book too. If I hear how he is doing on that, I will let you know.

Thank you for sharing that great story of John's meeting with William. Yes, it was true. It seems to me that just about everyone who went to see William were brought to this Sweet sense of Peace that John speaks of. I love the way John tells his story of their meeting. John is a great writer and I am happy to know you found your way to his book "Already On Holy Ground".

I will tell him you guys made a note of his book here. Maybe he will stop by over here ?

Clapping hands in childlike joy--- Much Love, Sandy
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby kiki » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 am

I will tell him you guys made a note of his book here. Maybe he will stop by over here ?

Clapping hands in childlike joy--- Much Love, Sandy

That would be great to have him stop by. :D
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby SandyJoy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Hey KiKi,

I just wrote to John and invited him over here--- so we shall see what happens.

Thanks again for the mention of his book.

Oh, and you too Jen, thanks for searching his name and sharing his connection to William Samuel and me. :D
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Return to Recommended Books