Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman

Re: Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman

Postby WhatisMu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 am

This book, along with the works of Joseph Campbell, are what set me on the path something like 20 years ago. When you see the claim that it is a book that changes lives you might feel a little cynical about that, but I know it was true for my husband and I. Great book that I am grateful to have read.
“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.”
- Tao Te Ching
WhatisMu

Postby eputkonen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:32 am

Good book...great movie. I still watch the movie periodically.
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
@EngagedNondual on Twitter
Blog at http://www.EngagedNonduality.com
eputkonen

Postby ZenDrumming » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Great book. This was actually my first exposure to these types of teachings, and it really opened the door for everything else. I should probably go back and read it again, I'm sure that it would resonate a lot more with me now (as all of these books tend to over time).

I highly recommend you also check out Dan Millman's "The Journeys of Socrates", which tells the story of the life of "Socrates".

http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Socrates ... 062&sr=8-1

It's more of a story than a book of teachings, but it's a really good story. And of course there are many lessons inside of discipline and awakening.
ZenDrumming

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks for bringing this back up.

I am giggling, after the discussions in ..and other natural laws thread
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9381
based on Dan Millman's book - the Life you were born to Live; and discussions in the NDE, clair (abilities) and synchronicity thread; about seeing anew, I was thinking - No wonder Millman is such a peaceful warrior, employing the knowledge; Peaceful Warrior would be a good book for those newly discovering the power of the natural laws to read, or to read anew. :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby FreeWill444 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 am

This is an incredible book. I read it when I was about 12 because I was interested in fighting arts back then and thought it was a martial arts adventure novel :D Then I read it and nothing was ever quite the same again...I credit this book with giving my ego a good shake up and starting me on the path :)
FreeWill444

Postby Dohjo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Seen the movie. Just ordered the book at my library. Looking forward to a good read!
Dohjo

Postby IanB » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Brilliant book! I read it first er..... must be about 10 years ago, but only saw the movie this year. The film version is good too, surprisingly good (I wasn't optimistic :oops: ) and I'd certainly recommend it, though for me there's more in the book. I say get either, or both - it's on my Not to be Missed list.

IanB ~
Know that who you dream of being, how you dream of living in the world, are whispers of yourself waiting to be rediscovered. ~ Aurora at Wild Bliss
IanB

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Ohhh man I've seen the movie 4 times now, Everytime i see the movie it makes me feel so grounded to the present moment, there is so much to learn from this story, I recommend it to anyone!
bluecover

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:55 am

You may enjoy another of his books - "The Life you were born to live".

There's a part discussion on it here viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9381

But, I'd still suggest ----- finish your exams first!!!! (This is the 'mother' speaking :wink: )
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby bluecover » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:04 am

Thank you! I'll be sure to read it after exams! ^^

Kind Regards, Andrew.
bluecover

Previous

Return to Recommended Books