Wake Up Now - Stephan Bodian

Re: Wake Up Now - Stephan Bodian

Postby Sighclone » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:23 am

As a side note to Bodian, John Welwood's fine essay on integrating East and West traditions, with a long section on spiritual bypassing is here, titled "Embodying Your Realization":

http://www.johnwelwood.com/articlesandinterviews.htm

He addresses the "little me" (relative self) at length.

Welwood is a wonderful writer, by the way.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby RCharles » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 am

One more rave review for Wake Up Now. It is the clearest, simplest, most direct book describing the path to awakening that I have ever read. No bullshit, no mumbo jumbo, no hidden secrets. Bodian just lays out the truth, describing the complete path and the pitfalls that await a spiritual seeker. There is no better book for the lone seeker who prefers to awaken on his/her own rather than following a particular religious tradition. In my view, this book exceeds Eckhart's books in its direct, how-to explanation. It's the closest thing you'll ever find to a roadmap of the spiritual path.

Chuck
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai
RCharles

Postby Sighclone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 am

Always nice to heaer from you, Chuck. I met Stephan at SAND I - modest and pleasant guy.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby ManHu » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 am

Thanks for the link. It looks like a wonderful book. Often these days I feel like a flickering candle... this book seems like it may clarify some things for me.
I'm going to order a copy :)
ManHu

Postby Sighclone » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 am

ManHu -

My current favorite author is, again, Tim Freke. His latest book is "The Mystery Experience." There are several themes in there, but one is that you can, and in fact, need to lead your "normal" life along with your spiritual quest. He explains this and has many additional pointers and techniques.

http://www.themysteryexperience.com/

Andy
Sighclone

Postby TemporalDissonance » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Coincidentally, I happened to have this book around without having read any of it before, but have been reading it recently and finding it very helpful on my path. Though this book assumes you have yet to awaken, I have found it to be exceptionally clear and direct in reference to awakening, before and after.
TemporalDissonance

Postby realm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:16 am

So many inspiring reviews on this one and I made a decision to buy one. I should get it by friday hopefully and can not wait to read it.

Probably a year ago I was asking so many questions about the universe, how the things works and recently I just had to stop wathcing all those videos on youtube about it (ususally it is a bbc documentary or similar stuff) becouse that did not helped me somehow. Those videos are really addicting and no matter how many I have watched I was searching for more and more when I realized there is no 'final' one. Probably I have watched every available documentary about the universe on youtube :oops:

I love how some of the reviews says it has many answers about fundamental questions and it is very straight forward. I will post my review someday here too :)
realm

Postby bluecover » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:58 pm

It appears that this book is very enlightening about enlightment (see what I did there? :P).
Bypassing spirituality? Could you pleas explain a bit more about Chapter 9 @borris83 ?
Going to order it and read it :)
Thank you for the recomendation!

Kind Regards.
bluecover

Previous

Return to Recommended Books