My Big Toe, Dr. Thomas Campbell

Sighclone

My Big Toe, Dr. Thomas Campbell

Post by Sighclone » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Now here is a new one - a Theory of Everything which presumably is supported scientifically. The author is a PhD physicist. He recently spoke at the London School of Economics. His book is a trilogy - 833 pages. I've just ordered it. It begins with only two assumptions: 1) "A potential energy form (call it primordial consciousness) exists - a media capable of self-modification. 2) In systems with complex potential outcomes, evolution directs and encourages change towards more profitable states of being (lower entropy)."

more later,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

CCBCPA

Re: My Big Toe, Dr. Thomas Campbell

Post by CCBCPA » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:58 am

I just watched the Youtube lecture by Dr Thomas Campbell which summarizes his 3 books, My Big Toe Trilogy. You have to watch the lecture in 18 or 19 parts on YouTube.

Dr Campbell totally blew me away with all the out of body, paraliminal, psychic things you can do if you train your self to focus with intent and consciousness.

I was already in process of exploring the 20 different ways to meditate that he suggests on my own, knowing that eventually that I will be letting go of the meditation mantra's etc, or "training wheels" when I don't need them. He answered my question about the Hemisync tapes and Holosync tapes as well. They are good training wheels but once you don't need them, let them go or they will hold you back.

Don't think I can get through his 3 book right now. I got everything I needed from his lecture on Youtube for now. Well wait, I am intrigued about learning how to do the out of body trips and if I could learn that by reading the book might be worth the long long read.

I want to know if you find any thing that is radically different from Eckart's teachings in My Big Toe Trilogy before I by the books.

Have fun reading and let me know what you think.
CCB

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 am

CCB -

I have read most of the trilogy...bounced around a lot. I did not see much to conflict with Eckhart. Eckhart is not big on belief systems. TC tries hard to not present one. But Campbell is very interested in the "middle stuff" (OOBE, NDE, fractals, multi-layered omniverses, reincarnation, probable reality surfaces) and ET cares not a whit for any of it. Assuming for a moment that AUO/AUM are Source, TC's entropy imperative sounds much like ET's observation of the drive towards "higher frequency vibrations."

There is one stunning difference, however. ET can write and TC cannot. Oops, that was a gigantic judgement. Wholly unfair. And not really meant. TC can sort of write, but he gets pathetically caught up in his cutesy phrases and jillion asides. His book is rough going not so much because of its content, but rather due to its fragmented organizational structure and widely scattered random miscellaneous topics.

But TC has a great sense of humor...ET's is sort of constrained...

my 2 cents,

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

CCBCPA

Post by CCBCPA » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:02 am

Sighclone,

Well, I looked at your address and that says it all:

"Spokane, WA USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Quadrant 3EQ, Universe 227, Omniverse 067A3"

Of course you have to read all three of My Big Toe books and be the best person to compare the concepts of Tolle and Campbell.

So glad you are here to reassure me that the Campbell entropy theory sounds very much like Tolle's higher vibrations goal.

Also, you are so correct. Tolle is blessed beyond comprehension for being the best spiritual writer of this century. He wastes not one word. Clearly he is receiving the message from source. Many others have the similar messages but their writing gets in the way.

Tolle does have a sense of humor, but you only see it in the live retreats which is sad.

Tolle makes me laugh hysterically in one of his retreat DVD's as he describes Einstein's long struggle with The Search for a Unifed Theory of the Universe using object consciousness only.

Campbell discusses Einsteins dilema in the Youtube video and he gets to the same conclusion as Tolle. The answer to such a big question can only be explained by a person who has experienced the inner space consciousness from source energy described by Tolle and we only have words as sign posts. Even the words cannot describe it completely.

CCB
CCB

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:58 am

My copy of this book arrived last week - after a wait of 3 months - Amazon couldn't locate it. In that time I received a number of emails from them asking if I wanted to cancel the order - I kept on saying yes and waiting. I had ordered the book after I watched his lecture online and was very impressed with what he had to say. I have now read over 300 pages of this book and I am very glad I didn't cancel - I am really getting a lot out of it - some clarificaiton on some inisghts I have had and some good aha moments too. Goes very well with Tolle's ideas. I find his writing style flows well and I don't have any problems with it. It is a real page turner of a book for me