The Zen Teaching of Huang Po On the Transmission of Mind

Juno

The Zen Teaching of Huang Po On the Transmission of Mind

Post by Juno » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 am

If you are awake to What you are yet are still not feeling quite settled. Check this book out. I found what I was looking for after awakening in this book. It leads one to "source", "substance", void, before oneness, that What we truly are. Amazing!
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

eputkonen

Re: The Zen Teaching of Huang Po On the Transmission of Mind

Post by eputkonen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:37 am

Juno wrote:If you are awake to What you are yet are still not feeling quite settled. Check this book out. I found what I was looking for after awakening in this book. It leads one to "source", "substance", void, before oneness, that What we truly are. Amazing!
Great book...one of my favorites!
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
https://www.youtube.com/EricPutkonen

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:53 am

With both Juno and eputkonen behind it, how could I not order it?!? Done!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:50 pm

You're going to be amazed!

Sighclone wrote:With both Juno and eputkonen behind it, how could I not order it?!? Done!

Namaste, Andy
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Mason

Post by Mason » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 am

Sorry to drag up a topic that is almost a year old, but I have to join the rest of you and give a BIG thumbs up to Transmission of Mind.

I'm not one to shout praises from the roof-tops, but honestly, as far as essays go, Transmission of Mind is one of the greatest short texts in spirituality. I might even go so far as to say that I don't think there is a single sentence in the entire essay that would not make a stellar object of meditative contemplation. It's just that clear.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13956477/Tran ... f-Huang-Po

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks for bumping and posting the link.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 pm

The translator struggled with a word for Pure Awareness, ended up with "Big Mind," after "Universal Mind" was rejected by his editors...we've heard a large number of terms for it here...

Much of the book is a series of dialogues, similar to Ramana's teaching. Although it was written in 900 AD, these teachings sound so much like the latest and best nondual writings of today.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Badger57

Post by Badger57 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Juno wrote:If you are awake to What you are yet are still not feeling quite settled. Check this book out. I found what I was looking for after awakening in this book. It leads one to "source", "substance", void, before oneness, that What we truly are. Amazing!
Just the book I think I've been looking for! :D I've been "awake" for just over a year NOW and it's been an amazing and ever deepening ride!I still like to listen to Eckhart (especially Stillness Speaks) but feel that I could do with something more. And as the wonderful Adyashanti says in the helpful, The End Of Your World, If there's a "but" then there's a few issues still to be dealt with! :lol: I've ordered it straight away. Thank-you.