My Stroke of Insight by Dr Jill Bolte Taylor

lilly83

My Stroke of Insight by Dr Jill Bolte Taylor

Post by lilly83 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:15 am

Hi All,

This book is an amazing insight into a lady who had a stroke and was awake while she was having a stroke, and because the blood clot occurred in her left side of her brain, the logical thinking side of the brain. So this meant that her right side of her brain was in full working mode and because of this while she was having her stroke she felt immense peace, as the right side of the brain only enables us to be in each moment, as it is and does not fathom past and future like the left side of the brain does, she felt at one with everything that surrounded her. The stroke changed her life as she saw and experienced that, we are all apart of the same source and that it is only the workings of the left side of the brain that take us away from our own inner peace. As the left side of the brain allows us the ability to see past and future, to enable us to feel where our body starts and ends whereas, jill while having her stroke couldnt feel where her body started and ended, to her, her energy was joined with everything around her. Its a wonderful story that shows that inner peace is here within us, and that, the thoughts we have, are just the workings of the left brain, and beyond those thoughts lie inner peace.

lilly83

sikor

Re: My Stroke of Insight by Dr Jill Bolte Taylor

Post by sikor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm

i really reccomend this book. this lady had "physiological englitenment" and gives very accurate scientific explanation to what it really is. watch this incerdible video of hers, and keep in mind while watching that right hemisphere=enlightenment , left =ego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU