Love's Quiet Revolution - Scott Kiloby

mmy

Love's Quiet Revolution - Scott Kiloby

Post by mmy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:19 am

Simplicity, wisdom, and clear pointers, a beautiful book.
One of my favorite lines in it - "Love is what is looking out of those eyes and what sees these words" - Scott Kiloby

Juno

Re: Love's Quiet Revolution - Scott Kiloby

Post by Juno » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm reading Scott's book right now. It is clear :)
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:51 pm

I highly recommend him, and his website. Very direct, however, ex drug addict, currently a lawyer - very much no nonsense.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I talked to Scott on Skype. He was exactly what I needed to hear at that time. I joined in on his satsang via skype also. I love these satsangs that are available without having to actually be there. Otherwise there would be no access for me and many others.

I'm kind of curious Andy what the "however" is in your post? Just that Scott's no nonsense or leary of ex-drug addiction? I doubt that the latter is the case being that many have awakened via intense suffering due to addiction, but curious.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Yo Juno. I really like Scott. The "however" is just a word I threw in to warn people about his 'direct path' technique. Some are confused or disappointed by that style (ala Leonard Jacobsen and Barry Long). I have absolutely no problem with his past at all. And I love his book!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

mmy

Post by mmy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Many people who have dealt with their suffering, abuse, addictions, etc. have a depth and clarity that shines through when they have awakened to their true nature. I see this in Scott. He is a lawyer, was a drug addict, maybe he is santa claus, maybe some people like his approach, maybe not – so what?

If his past or anybody’s past is an issue for someone, then that is how they see it. Truth still remains the truth.

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 pm

I thought so Andy. It was a stupid question.
Huang Po

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:25 pm

I really like Scott Kiloby, too - very straight forward, which is what I especially like. I have Andy to thank for knowing about him and adding his book to my collection of awakening materials.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:19 am

Scott Kiloby: “Love’s Quiet Revolution” - UPDATE

If you have a Kindle and you like reading about nonduality, spend $5 and get this book. You can basically start anywhere, but I think the best is the last 20% - say about chapter 20.

I picked up the book about three years ago and did not finish it until recently. He addresses all the same stuff, but in a very powerful, very clear, very assertive way which is also full of love…kind of “tough” love. In form, Scott’s life was rough – 20 years in chemical addiction. Plus he was a lawyer. (I consider that profession one of the more inherently dualistic ones – thrives on conflict, and opposition. No arguing, all accepting = very few lawyers.)

He brings in several quotations from ET and Gangagi, but one of his favorites is from Martin Heidegger : “A person is not a thing or a process but an opening through which the absolute manifests.” -- Wow.

And Kiloby addresses the Heart Sutra paradox (Form is Emptiness / Emptiness is Form) by reminding us that “Form and formlessness are dancing as one seamless interplay…only thought makes a distinction…there is only nothingness appearing as everything…there is only a dream of separation…the only real separation is in thought, in the conceptual.”

He also talks about relationships a bit…pretty rare in nondual texts.

And many other wonderful zingers…all good stuff.

He has a new book out: “Doorway to Total Liberation – Conversations with ‘What Is” –
I have just started it. I saw Scott at SAND III, but did not speak to him or hear his talk...hope to see him in October, (and maybe one of the Forum members???)

Andy