Take Me to the Truth: Undoing the Ego - Nouk Sanchez

Robin

Take Me To Truth: Undoing the Ego

Post by Robin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:38 pm

I am 2/3 in the book and it really rocks my boat. Wonderfull inside which helped me a lot. I love it big time.

Review
"This book is wonderful. Take Me to Truth manages to be A Course in Miracles book in content, without being primarily a Course book in form, and that's high praise indeed! The authors have a wonderful ability to express profound Spiritual teachings providing a simple guide to undoing the only block to consistent happiness, peace and love that exists, the ego. They describe the challenge we all face; the uninvestigated `me' is the ego, the one that's plagued by intermittent fears, relationship break-ups, financial difficulties and ill-health. It's a false-self, and one whose life mantra is seek and do not find. Practical self-discovery tools such as the Guilt Meter and the PIQ formula help to clearly identify the ego's thought system and provide a hands-on means to implement the undoing process on a day-to-day basis. In conclusion, this is a truly inspired work, and an inspiring read." -- Rogier F. van Vlissingen, author of `Closing the Circle', O-Books, July 2007.

Product Description
Take Me to Truth is the first book to boldly address the fundamental problem that all spiritual seekers face on the journey to awakening; the ego. Take Me to Truth is a powerful six-stage navigational guide that takes us through the six remarkable stages of undoing ego. Each of these stages becomes an experience of deepening trust, eventually removing all existing blocks to the awareness of the Infinite Love that we are and have. It bridges the yawning gap that exists between seeking enlightenment and finding it.

here is a link to more reviews at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... inejourney

cheers
Robin

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Take Me to the Truth: Undoing the Ego - Nouk Sanchez

Post by erict » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:20 pm

"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Take Me to the Truth: Undoing the Ego - Nouk Sanchez

Post by erict » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 pm

This book is based on ACIM and influenced by teachers such as Adyashanti, Byron Katie, Eckhart Tolle, Jed McKenna, Neale Donald Walsch.

I'm reading it now and will be posting quotes. So far I really like it.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:50 pm

What is that elusive something that we are always seeking but somehow never find? Is it happiness? Well, no, not really. If we think about it, much of what has brought us happiness in the past has also caused us pain through its loss or change. And whatever is making us happy is continually under threat of possible loss or change. So, what do you think will make you happy? Forever?

What could bring us permanent happiness that would not also be susceptible to loss, destruction or change and then cause us pain or suffering? Money? Relationship and romance? Children? Family? Friends? A home? A career? Status? A cause? Our values? Our beliefs? Our opinions? Acknowledgement? Or approval?
All of these can cause us pain and suffering; yet we blindly pursue them in our quest for lasting happiness. The truth is that whatever brings us happiness, sooner or later causes us pain this is a universal fact of life.

~@~

The seat of all chaos lies within our false and separated self, which is the individual and collective cause of all suffering in the world we perceive. There are no exceptions.

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:11 pm

When negative emotion surfaces in our awareness, it is a red flag, and we would do well to be alert and pay attention to what it is trying to tell us. What we do with that emotion and where we direct it will determine whether it is destructive or empowering to us.

~@~

Learning to trust intuition requires regular practice. Quieting the mind and becoming the observer of thought and feeling are necessary.

~@~

The degree to which we are able to see though others' superficial ego-self, with its beliefs, values, and behaviors, is the degree to which we will see our own authenticity.

~@~

Probably, the first of all conscious acknowledgements to be made is the undeniable fact that we do not know our own best interests.