Lucid Living by Tim Freke

Sighclone

Lucid Living by Tim Freke

Post by Sighclone » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Wow. Short, compact, amusing, exciting and good for beginners! This is another "wake up now" book. But it takes the reader through a series of mental, then experiential exercises to understand, see and experience who we really are. I will leave it to Tim to walk you through his process. It's available on abebooks for about $8US, delivered.

He makes one point that I do not hear enough of -- let me quote (remaining sensitive to "fair use" doctrine):
Lucid living is consciously being all that you are. Waking up to your essential identity as awareness doesn't negate your individuality. Quite the opposite. Lucid living is understanding just how important your individuality is. Because it is by dreaming itself to be you as an individual that the life-dreamer is able to experience the life-dream. Lucid living is feeling truly empowered as a person because you know that the creative energy of the whole universe is propelling you forward in your life. Lucid living doesn't deny the delights and dramas of everyday existence. It charges life with new significance and meaning. Everything that you experience is a manifestation of your essential nature. So everything is showing you something about who you are -- like a dream. You are continually dreaming up new situations that give you the opportunity to become more conscious. Lucid living is wholeheartedly engaging with ordinary life as an epic adventure of awakening. Lucid living isn't withdrawing into some detached state of enlightenment. It is enjoying an exhilarating state of enlivenment!
It's a deep but light-hearted tour de force, suitable for anyone who has a little time and is capable of taking a couple of deep breaths! Highly recommended, without reservation.

Here is a video link to an interview with him, also...on a different subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPuzjxU9gE

And here is his website: http://www.timothyfreke.com

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

kiki

Re: Lucid Living by Tim Freke

Post by kiki » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 am

Thanks Andy. The little exposure I've had of him has been refreshing.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:03 am

Yes, thanks, I enjoyed the video link. Interesting guy.

WW

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Wonderful little book!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Laughing Buddha

Post by Laughing Buddha » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 am

Lucid Living by Timothy Freke may be a short book, but it's very big in terms of content. There is more spiritual truth in this little book than in many well-known spiritual books ten times its length. Timothy Freke has managed the rare feat of condensing the very essence of real spirituality into just a few pages. No words, no matter how profound, can fully express truth, but this book comes just about as close as you can get.