The Sedona Method?

nutrition

The Sedona Method?

Post by nutrition » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:27 pm

I just bought the book.
I started reading it but it is very confusing to me on how to work and release feelings.
According to the author we need to ask the following questions to releases:
What is at the core of this feeling? Here I am already at loss....for example: jelousy. I can't have the feeling without the story in my head. I have to imagine my husband with the other woman or news about him and her got to me and now I am jelous....
What does it mean then to go to "the core of the feeling" ????????? and dive into the core of it?

Also, how can you do this "anytime and anywhere"? Don't you need some privacy to sit down and do this? Can you do it at work while people are asking you questions or need things from you?

Please help me understand it better. I am eager to try it out as I am tired of all this suffering and I have to put a stop to it and I have been hearing, thru this very forum, that the method is highly effective. I guess is just a matter for me to get a grip of how to get started.....

blessings

karmarider

Re: The Sedona Method?

Post by karmarider » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Give it time and patience. I had anxiety and I tried the Sedona method and for some time it seemed like nothing was happening and I questioned whether I understood the method or was doing it right, etc.

There is a simpler method that I use and it's on my site, but I suggest that since you've started with the Sedona method, stay with it. Whenever the emotion comes up, use the method. Don't worry about whether you are doing it right or wrong.

The way any release method works is that is makes us aware. We become aware of emotion, and then aware that an emotion is just a thought-story connected to particular body sensations, and then we become aware that we hold on these emotions, and we become aware that because we hold on, the emotion comes back easier and with more intensity, and we become aware that we always knew how to let go instead of holding on these emotions.

It's like a Chinese finger trap. It may a take a little practice to see it.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

It's like a Chinese finger trap. It may a take a little practice to see it.
Great analogy!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

nutrition

Post by nutrition » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you!
It sounds like that for the method to work you need to practice it constantly like a discipline, even for the smallest irritation. I guess I am eager to work on the heavy stuff, but I have to start with smaller things. In the past small things did not bother me because i had this big pink elephant (my H's betrayal) to take care of. Now everything and everybody get on my nerves. I hate to be with people and I snap. Lack of sleep might play a role.
blessing