Lucid dreaming

Lucid dreaming

Postby Blenderhead » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucid-Dreaming- ... 36&sr=8-16

Very interesting book about dream science. Lots of interesting stories about how dreams have affected certain people. And also a lot of quotes from sufi masters and well known writers, etc. I'm quite certain this book will appeal to most on this forum.

"There are no bad dreams" - Buddha.
Blenderhead

Re: Lucid dreaming

Postby Blenderhead » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Not kidding, when I say this book is good. If you have always wondered what nightly dreams are, why are they there? What prupose do they serve and how awake can you be in dreams?

And the book feels very connected to both science and spirituality. And the author seems to know a great deal about certain mystics. While he is a still a sober scientist.
Blenderhead

Postby davidm » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 am

I accidentally experienced lucid dreaming a year ago when I was 16. The four corners of my beds, normally wooden spheres, became little wise monkeys that were rotating in circles. I remember very well that I couldn't move my arms or legs for the life of me, and thinking I was fully conscious, I considered that I may have became paralyzed. It had to be the weirdest thing. And when I told my Dad he thought I was being crazy like usual. :lol:
davidm

Postby Nestor » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Nice to find here people interestedo on lucid dreaming :) I have been working on it for the past one year, really amazing. May be it will be the way to bring Stillness to the masses... and to myself :)
Being still in dreams should be great! It happened to me only once and only for a second... beautyfull.
Nestor

Return to Recommended Books