Wings to Freedom

suraj

Wings to Freedom

Post by suraj » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 am

Here is my review of the book which I recently read - "Wings to Freedom - Mystic Revelations from Babaji & the Himalayan Yogis" by Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. The Amazon link is http://www.amazon.com/Wings-Freedom-Yog ... 539&sr=8-2

First a warning - this book has no teachings on anything. It is not even a full autobiography of the Yogi author - unlike say Autobiography of a Yogi or Living with the Himalayan Masters. It does contain a few chapters on the author's own life , but the book is primarily about the "Nath" sect of the Himalayan Yogis and their Supreme master Babaji who was also referred in Paramhansa Yogananda's book - Autobiography of a Yogi.
The book paints a fascinating picture of the hierarchy of the Spiritual Gods governing our planet and beyond for the current world cycle. It even refers to Jesus Christ as being ordained a "Nath" Guru and calls him "Ishanath" . It calls a group of Supreme beings as the "guardian walls of humanity" who are working and making plans for the spiritual redemption of humans.
One other interesting aspect covered in the book is that of the degrees of spiritual beings - Yogi, Siddha, Jivanmukta, Avadhoot, Avatar etc.
There is also a separate DVD by the Yogi with the same name in which you can see him and the Himalayas in all its glory.
I AM

unbornawakened

Re: Wings to Freedom

Post by unbornawakened » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 am

Can you summarize the essence of the teachings in a few lines ?

suraj

Re: Wings to Freedom

Post by suraj » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

As I already made it clear in my post right in the beginning, there are no teachings, at least no theoretical one or any philosophy that I could see in the book. The Yogi simply points to the wonders of practicing Kriya Yoga which quickens the pace of human evolution.
A quote -
If earth peace is to herald the dawn of the new age, we must all realize that, "Humanity is one's only religion, Breath one's only prayer, and Consciousness one's only God."
I AM