Roger Castillo - Being Lived

kiki

Roger Castillo - Being Lived

Post by kiki » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:54 pm

I just came across this teacher today and find he does a solid job of explaining some important concepts about the mind. He subcategorizes it into the thinking mind and the working mind and how one of these is responsible for the suffering people experience. He explains the goal is not to try to stop thoughts, but to understand which subcategory of mind is functioning, and this will lead to insights into how one's life is being lived.

From the youtube page of this video:
This is an excert from the last retreat held in Goa in February 2020. It was the final satsang that wrapped up what had been discussed over the previous 6 days - which was essentially a mix of understanding the notion of non-doership coupled with resting in a place of Being which we Know as home or the heart of our existence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-f4siiU0WE&t=4881s

He has a website:

https://www.rogercastillo.org
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Loffe

Re: Roger Castillo - Being Lived

Post by Loffe » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Excellent video. Fallowing Eckhart's teaching can give the impression that thinking is something we need to dismiss. Though it is pretty hard to distinguish the thinking mind from the working mind when one is at the beginning of the journey. Maybe for the sake of practice, it is good to dismiss thoughts? And after discovering that we are not thoughts we can start using thoughts again but this time as working mind?

He also talks about attaching to the outcome. Particularly planning with thinking mind vs working mind. That is something I personally have a hard time - recognizing when the ego is attaching itself to the outcome. Tough one.