Anadi (Aziz Kristof)

rideforever

Anadi (Aziz Kristof)

Post by rideforever » Thu May 03, 2012 9:55 pm

I have come across this teacher and I would like to mention him on this board. He is teaching in India/Israel.

On his website are hundreds of satsang recordings so you can hear from him everything. He has a thorough understanding and ability to communicate completion. This makes him quite different from teachers who even though have attained cannot communicate conceptually.

http://www.anaditeaching.com/guidedmeditations.htm
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

formless

Re: Anadi (Aziz Kristof)

Post by formless » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:12 pm

I've been listening to Anadi and trying to grasp his teachings...and while I find Anadi quite eloquent in his delivery, the terms used seem to baffle me somewhat, thus leaving me in a state of confusion.

Ride - What is your experience with Anadi's teachings?

It would be nice to kick off a discussion and hopefully get other peoples perspective of the path Anadi teaches. I've found only one interview with Anadi...watch and discuss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbanOlqbH1Y

rideforever

Post by rideforever » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Anadi is an 'advanced' teacher for people with high intelligence and purity.
If you read the discussions here for instance words such as 'presence' 'awareness' 'awakening' 'me' etc... are used without much care. It is not as if people are checking anything. Anadi does not allow this, he clarifies all these things with tremendous depth. Compare his discussions and those of other teachers like Mooji, Adya etc... and you see that most teachers are just not able to understand. Most teachers have some openess and want to reassure. But they don't 'understand'.

If you read Chogyam Trungpa you can see his description of 'spiritual materialism' and other 'defilements' that occur on the spiritual path. Simply most people are unable to grasp the depths. There are few Einsteins, but many inspired people.

So that is the field of play. In my view Anadi is the highest teacher I have every heard. Higher than Buddha.
He has a mind capable of immense immediate intelligence - he is a famous chess player btw and regularly wins competitions in India even now - but he has a tremendous love also. That must be said. His heart is wide and his discourses very beautiful. He plays wonderful music sometimes and describes how it can be used.

In Sept I did 4 weeks of 5 sittings a day with Anadi's discourses and I was able to confirm the first few steps of his path, in other words the embodiment of consciousness which leads to the samadhi (enlightenment) of consciousness. Many teachers like Nisargadatta talk of these things, but in a vague or indirect way. Anadi just tells you exactly what to do. Focus here, feel this, understand that, be that.
It must be realised that it is a very wonderful thing that a person in this world has contact with spirituality of any sort. It is a wonderful choice and statement. It must also be realised that few are ready for the effort required to become awakened, which is considerable.

People in general want to 'feel good' and have a sense of warmth, that is great. However to become an arahant even in Buddha's time required something much vaster. You must see what the masters actually did. Take any one of them Buddha, Osho, Nisargadatta, Bodhidharma. Read their life stories and then see your own path in that light. Great effort needs to be taken to take the big journey on the Great Way. Tremendous ... spirit is required.

Anadi in particular is able to use his fine intelligence which becomes embedded in his path ... this is very unusual. Most masters just tell you to stop thinking, because using intelligence is very difficult.

His discourses cover all subjects with clarity and illumination, you do end up becoming wise, and like I said if you compare the discourses of other teachers with Anadi, you realise that other teachers want to give you warmth ... but that is a quantum leap away.
I suppose if you listen to him you will sense quickly if he is for you. Personally I had been studying for more than 10 years before I found him, before I was ready to listen to someone like that.

I listened to him last night on a coach, he was talking about the teaching arriving from the future where a part of you is already manifested. He talked of renouncing voluntary suffering. He talked of those that hurt you the most being as the ones you should be grateful for as they are communicating the message of the creator, namely that 'here' is not a place you can stay. This world is a crucible for you to grow; and there is only one road to take, to grow. He talked about when you feel cornered inside, when you feel you have no options ... and how to keep growing even here. After listening to him, I find it hard to listen to anyone else ... that would just be wasted time now; nobody comes close. Either Anadi, or you listen directly to God.

I think sometimes of buying him a gift in gratitude. But I know that there is nothing I can give him. Nothing at all. He is the first person I have ever felt like this with. I just have nothing I can offer him.

Everyone must dance to their own drum. All I can say is that we are fortunate he is here for those who like that kind of teaching. And I cannot recommend everyone to follow him ... that would not be realistic. But for a few, his words will bring the tears of truth to your eyes.

I can't say anything really about him.
Last edited by rideforever on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Thank you for your review, rideforever...very clear, candid and helpful. Now, however, you have screwed up my priorities for the week -- have to plug in some time for this teacher!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 pm

<start non sequitur>

Speaking of Anadi, does anyone know whatever became of the member here who went by the name Ananda ? He used to post a lot, knew a lot about Advaita Vedanta and other non-dualistic traditions.

<exeunt>
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:25 pm

rachMiel, it seems to me that he wanted to withdraw from the board to focus his attention on studying Advaita. His teachers felt he would make a good Advaita teacher himself. He was pretty tuned into things and was a great member to have here.

Here is his profile page: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ile&u=5252

For newer members, I would encourage you to go through his posts.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm

kiki wrote:rachMiel, it seems to me that he wanted to withdraw from the board to focus his attention on studying Advaita. His teachers felt he would make a good Advaita teacher himself. He was pretty tuned into things and was a great member to have here.

Here is his profile page: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... ile&u=5252
Yes, I think he'd make a good Advaita teacher. His blog (link on profile page) is no longer active. Shame, I would have liked to see what he's up to these days.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

rideforever wrote:I listened to him last night on a coach, he was talking about the teaching arriving from the future where a part of you is already manifested. He talked of renouncing voluntary suffering. He talked of those that hurt you the most being as the ones you should be grateful for as they are communicating the message of the creator, namely that 'here' is not a place you can stay. This world is a crucible for you to grow; and there is only one road to take, to grow. He talked about when you feel cornered inside, when you feel you have no options ... and how to keep growing even here. After listening to him, I find it hard to listen to anyone else ... that would just be wasted time now; nobody comes close. Either Anadi, or you listen directly to God.
That is well said and exactly right. I see this too. Life is the crucible, yes it is. Here we learn by fire. I agree. My teacher, for me was perfect too, isn't it wonderful how we find the right one for us and that 'they' appear. My teacher was extremely intelligent too, but he was given a gift of being able to string his words like a song and into ways that the Heart can hear. I am not a great intellect, so thank God, for those of who are not, we can find the Truth via the Heart and via a path that hears beyond the words. How Good God Is that no one is left out, ever. There is always a way.

Much love to you Dear Ride, this is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I recognize his words are the real thing and you are right, we are hearing God when hear the Truth and It transforms us. Yes. Much Love.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

I believe that Ananda went to study Advaita in India with Swami Dayanda. I miss his clear posts too. Perhaps he'll come back and visit us once he returns.

dubhasa

Post by dubhasa » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 pm

My impressions:

Normal human consciousness is 100% trapped in mind. Thinking and thought generated emotions, primarily fear based. It seems like a trap because there is no way to get away from it.

Eckhart Tolle's teachings are focused on realizing this trap. He then suggest ways like being in the present moment, sense awareness, focussing on mental gaps and space. Slowly and eventually these gaps get larger and eventually there is a point of reaching space consciousness. Can be described as getting away from 99% thoughts 1% space to 100% space.

This itself is a major change and can be considered as lifetime achievement for most of the people. Free from mind, mental chatter and content. Free from compulsory thinking and associated mental,emotional torment.

One spends a considerable time in space consciousness. First there is a feeling of separateness from mind. Eventually this separateness dissolves and one realizes that mental activity and space consciousness can co-exist. There need not be a separation or dryness from emotional content.

There is eventual realization that one is still there. Now what? Eckhart Tolle is silent on that. Many of the teachers like Adyshanti and Mooji are also silent on next steps from space consciousness. Only comment I heard from them is eventually it gets deeper and deeper and deeper.

This is where Anadi's approach is refreshing. This is the first time I have seen someone coming forward and giving details about getting deeper. In that sense, Anadi's teachings are advanced. Most teachers stop at awareness and space consciousness. Anadi mentions that conscious awareness and space consciousness is the beginning and not the end of enlightenment process. His teachings are hard to understand because once one is away from mind, imagination and thinking are not valid tools for comprehension.

One can't experience without realizing a possibility and one can't understand possibilities without experience. This itself seems like another trap.

beginnersmind

Post by beginnersmind » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:52 pm

I've read a little of Anadi and from what I read, he seems to take some ideas from Sri Aurobindo.

I agree with Anadi that in a lot of modern spiritual teachings that the ego is often overly demonized, but I don't agree with him that the ego, or sense of self is a positive aspect per say. Wars, bigotry, racism, hatred, etc. have arisen from the sense of self. It can be seen at the micro level of egocentrism to the macro level of ethnocentrism and social stratification. I don't find that to be positive.