What would be a summary of Jed McKenna?

ZenOfchaos

What would be a summary of Jed McKenna?

Post by ZenOfchaos » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Could someone give a summary of Jed McKenna's teachings?

I've listened to the first 12 chapters of book 1 and finding it rather dull, uninspiring, uninsightful, etc. Its not resonating with me at this time. To save me dying a slow death here would someone by kind enough to share some if the main points.

Thanks!

karmarider

Re: What would be a summary of Jed McKenna?

Post by karmarider » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm

If you're not resonating with JMK, I suggest you not worry about it at this time, and maybe come back to him at a later time.

I like anyone who tries to be direct and avoids spiritual obfuscation. Which is what JMK tries to do. Still, I think John Sherman is clearer and more direct and much easier to read.

I wouldn't be able to sum up JMK accurately so I won't try--for that maybe you can google "Jed Mckenna quotes" and get a fair idea, though popular quotations don't always give the essence. I think the most important thing JMK has said is that there are not a million problems; there is only one; the only problem to deal with is fear. (I'm paraphrasing; too lazy to look up the actual quotation). He also talks about the failure of spirituality and the strange inability to admit this; he talks about delusions, the delusion of fear, the delusion of free will, and so on.

ZenOfchaos

Post by ZenOfchaos » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I like the direct approach too but I found Jed McKenna would spend too much time talking about other stuff and I would lose interest. Like when he sets the scenes for all his encounters it comes across more like story than a book on spiritual enlightenment. I prefer adyashanti's style (although i see it's questioned whether the two are different people!) who is very direct but in a less patronising way.

I've looked at John Sherman's videos too and read his ebook. tbh not much has resonated with me in quite a while. no revalations, no insights, no experiencces or states. a spiritual void if you will.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am

A spiritual void means you are not pretending our way through spirituality. It's a really good thing. Use your intuition--the next step will be clear to you soon enough.

Pako Chubi

Post by Pako Chubi » Wed May 15, 2013 9:25 am

ZenOfchaos wrote:I like the direct approach too but I found Jed McKenna would spend too much time talking about other stuff and I would lose interest. Like when he sets the scenes for all his encounters it comes across more like story than a book on spiritual enlightenment. I prefer adyashanti's style (although i see it's questioned whether the two are different people!) who is very direct but in a less patronising way.

I've looked at John Sherman's videos too and read his ebook. tbh not much has resonated with me in quite a while. no revalations, no insights, no experiencces or states. a spiritual void if you will.
Then don't read nothing, sit still and do your experience

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 am

Maybe spirituality isn't your thing. As KR says, that's no big deal. I find it dull and repetitive at times, but keep coming back....
Be present, be pleasant.