Quotes from anyone

Quotes from anyone

Postby goldieflower » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Remember God so much that you are forgotten. Let the caller and the called disappear; be lost in the Call. ~ Rumi

To go beyond, you need alert immobility, quiet attention. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

Mind as ME itself is 'the sense' of separate existence. Mind as ME is an idea that arises in consciousness giving 'the impression' there is an experiencer separate from the experienced. ~ Cesar Teruel
goldieflower

Re: Quotes from anyone

Postby goldieflower » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:01 pm

:) We are story tellers. Talking to ourselves. :)

To see everything as imagination born of desire is necessary for self-realization. We miss the real by lack of attention and create the unreal by excess of imagination. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
goldieflower

Postby Yutso » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:01 pm

"Nothing real is threatened, nothing unreal exists."
Yutso

Postby goldieflower » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

A young man from Colombo asked Bhagavan: "J. Krishnamurti teaches the method of effortless and choiceless awareness as distinct from that of deliberate concentration. Would Sri Bhagavan be pleased to explain how best to practise meditation and what form the object of meditation should take?" Ramana: Effortless and choiceless awareness is our real nature. If we can attain it or be in that state, it is all right. But one cannot reach it without effort, the effort of deliberate meditation. All the age-long vasanas carry the mind outward and turn it to external objects. All such thoughts have to be given up and the mind turned inward. For that, effort is necessary for most people. Of course everybody, every book says: "Summa iru" ("Be quiet or still"). But it is not easy. That is why all this effort is necessary. Even if we find one who has at once achieved the mauna or Supreme state indicated by "Summa iru", you may take it that the effort necessary has already been finished in a previous life. So that, effortless and choiceless awareness is reached only after deliberate meditation. That meditation can take any form which appeals to you best. See what helps you to keep away all other thoughts and adopt that method for your meditation. ~ Ramana Maharshi
goldieflower

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

"The ultimate state of being - is the fullest expression - of the unlimited potential."

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

“You can be fully satisfied with where you are, understanding that you’re eternally evolving. When you get into that place of feeling appreciation of where you are and of who you are, and appreciation of what you are, and you accept that you are a never-ending, always unfolding Being, then you can stand in that delicate balance of being optimistic about what is to come, without being unhappy about where you stand. Find a way of eagerly anticipating future changes, while at the same time you are in love and satisfied with who, what, where and how you be.”

Abraham-Hicks
Webwanderer

Postby treasuretheday » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby treasuretheday » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm

You are the sky. Everything else—it’s just the weather.
~Pema Chodron
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby goldieflower » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

The desire to find the self will be surely fulfilled, provided you want nothing else. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
goldieflower

Postby goldieflower » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Being dependent on begged food is a good test of how detached and mentally quiet you really are. It's easy to be peaceful and happy while you are meditating if you know that there is a good meal to follow, but if that certainty is not there, then the thought of food and its availability is quite likely to keep recurring while you meditate. In my case my chief thought every morning was: "Am I going to eat today?" ~ Sadhu Om
goldieflower

Postby karmarider » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 am

Thanks to you, I went on a soul-searching journey. I hate those!

-Bender, Futurama
karmarider

Postby Onceler » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 pm

"You can't be harmed, or helped, by anything." John Sherman
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 pm

To have a joyful happy life - have a joyful happy moment. Repeat repeatedly.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby goldieflower » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks to you, I went on a soul-searching journey. I hate those!

-Bender, Futurama

Non-biological units have it easy - goldie

http://www.diskwipe.org/
goldieflower

Postby karmarider » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 pm

“Know and understand that there will be challenges and difficult times. Don’t try to avoid them. Welcome them. Gratefully. Cultivate the technique of seeing all problems as opportunities. Opportunities to…be, an decide, Who You Really Are.”

cwg
karmarider

Next

Return to Spiritual Teachers