Thomas Campbell (MBT)

Thomas Campbell (MBT)

Postby itisallsubjective » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 am

Tom Campbell wrote the trilogy of books My Big TOE . Why we are incarnated, what our purpose is here and what happens when you 'die' are all answered by his model and himself in interviews which to me is a refreshing breath of air in the metaphoric spiritual jungle out there ;-) His model of reality gives one a framework to construct a knowledge of our existence. He is a Physicist but could be classed more of a mystic actually but being a scientist certainly sparks interest to a wider audience in this day and age.
He was an 'Explorer' in the Monroe Institute Lab back in the 70's. From the start with others like Bob Monroe they wanted to know why? how? who? or what? was going on in our minds.They took the no B.S. approach and found out what worked and what didn't when experiencing consciousness. Now some 40 years later he is teaching anyone who wants to listen and start their own personal Big T.O.E.(Theory of everything) by experiencing the larger reality themselves. For myself he has been the most influential teacher as he is the most logical and that suits my way of thinking.

His books are free on Google books http://books.google.com.au/books?id=RYH ... &q&f=false

His Youtube channel has a wealth of information and probably a better start than the books.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg&feature

:)
itisallsubjective

Re: Thomas Campbell (MBT)

Postby peas » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 am

For myself he has been the most influential teacher as he is the most logical and that suits my way of thinking.

Have you ever gone beyond thinking to see if there is a deeper state of consciousness?
peas

Postby itisallsubjective » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 am

peas wrote:
Have you ever gone beyond thinking to see if there is a deeper state of consciousness?

Yes I have. Being in the 'Now' and experiencing states of 'Love' is only the beginning contrary of what one may 'think'.
This is what I have noticed with a lot of teachings is they stop at that deeper consciousness feel good 'Now' state and think that is all is needed for a person to be in this lifetime.
This is why someone like Tom Campbell is a breath of fresh air for many.
If you are on the knowledge path and not the surrender path this will make more sense ;-)
itisallsubjective

Postby peas » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:14 pm

itisallsubjective wrote:Yes I have. Being in the 'Now' and experiencing states of 'Love'

Can you describe what it felt like?
peas

Postby itisallsubjective » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:13 am

peas wrote:
itisallsubjective wrote:Yes I have. Being in the 'Now' and experiencing states of 'Love'

Can you describe what it felt like?

Can you describe the color blue to a blind person with words ?

Check your Spiritual Ego by finding that sneaky ego/fear and face it (you already know this I know as you have little to no fear,beliefs and have been 'being' this for many years ).
Plenty of people have asked and say the same things to me and end up spinning wheels 'thinking' they have felt it and are it with the knowledge from deep experiences of their own larger consciousness. There is much much more to it than that.
Egos need to be checked all the time and interactions with others are the most important of any.

Go look at Tom Campbell's videos that is on topic.
itisallsubjective

Postby peas » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 am

What do you mean by face it?
peas

Postby karmarider » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 am

Well, I tried to read his book on Google. Though what he says resonates, I think, I have to say that it doesn't seem necessary to express truth in 800 pages. I might have read 200 pages here and there, and I then I didn't want to sift through it. I recommend Jed Mckenna's fourth book, in which he says the same thing, but more briefly, though not briefly enough.
karmarider

Return to Spiritual Teachers