Harri Aalto

KathleenBrugger

Re: Harri Aalto

Post by KathleenBrugger » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:08 pm

runstrails wrote: What did you make of the sleep bit? He seems to say that he is actively conscious during sleep. I thought during deep sleep there is nothing to be conscious of.
EnterZenFromThere recently posted something about awareness in sleep. He wrote:
EnterZenFromThere wrote:
...Recently these three have converged resulting in a largely permanent sense of boundless awareness. This awareness continues into deep sleep. When I close my eyes to sleep I tell the body to shut down and watch as its breath slows and almost stops. I know how asleep it is by the ease by which I can move parts of the body. The legs turn to stone first - presumably due to the mechanism in the brain designed to stop us acting out our dreams like the man who dreamt he was an American football player and jumped out of a window (!) Around this time I sense the formation of dreams. I can either watch them passively or actively will them into being. I like to make flying dreams as I feel the body smile and breath move with th Ed movements of the eagle as it weaves through the sky. I can make these dreams and just watch myself and not witness the dream or I can observe the dream or I can dive into the dream and make it my reality. These are a conscious choice. If I choose to make the dream real I lose consciousness and become slept into the stream of dreams until instinctive dissolving occurs and I return as awareness. At any time I can open my eyes and I am in the body and fully awake (though the body does not like doing this in the middle of the night - I feel its eyes sting).
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... =5&t=12394

Maybe he could answer your question rt.

Thanks peas for the summary!
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Our great minds must think alike Kathleen :wink:. I just asked Zen that question. Thanks.

KathleenBrugger

Post by KathleenBrugger » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:58 pm

runstrails wrote:Our great minds must think alike Kathleen :wink:. I just asked Zen that question. Thanks.
:lol:
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

peas

Post by peas » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 am

The way Harri described it does not resonate with me, but that doesn't really matter. Unless of course I have a spiritual shopping list ;-)

When I drift off to sleep I can feel the conscious state of no thought. I have no distinct memory of this state, other than when I wake and recollect the drifting off to sleep part of my sleep. That pure consciousness is utterly beautiful. There are no words to describe it. Try it yourself as you drift off tonight. Allow awareness of the inner state to be there. Feel the insides of your brain. Feel how everything is released and in a state of peace.

I suggest people work with themselves as they come. Avoid reaching for things. By all means try new stuff. I may try what Harri describes, but it doesn't really matter either way. These things just evolve, which is really the message I took out of Harri's interview.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:41 am

I find what comes up for me as I watch these types of interviews interesting. My biases about what it means to be enlightened, what it means to be realized and awake really come out. I find myself judging the person's demeanor as well as language and these sets of judgements are what I seem to be conditioned to believe about realization, not the polished finished product I put forth to myself and others.

Watching interviews from that level can be insightful and illuminating.
Be present, be pleasant.

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 am

Peas wrote:
When I drift off to sleep I can feel the conscious state of no thought. I have no distinct memory of this state, other than when I wake and recollect the drifting off to sleep part of my sleep. That pure consciousness is utterly beautiful.
I agree---there is no memory of deep (non dream/REM) sleep--but on waking up there is a wonderful feeling (joy almost) of having been in that state.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 pm

I finished watching most of the interview… Harri seems like a spiritual savant, somewhat uncomfortable in his own skin.
Be present, be pleasant.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am

I am having very few of the experiences that Harri reports. If he has been having these experiences for such a long time, they must appear all very normal to him. He knows how unusual they are, and since he is a businessman, has probably been reluctant to talk about them. Gary Weber was not particularly impressed.

I'd like to hear more about the various levels.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:10 am

Hi all,

I'd like to add a little about my experience of this interview. When I saw it I hadn't experienced any significant Heart stuff before. Through watching this interview that all changed. Harri opened my Heart and set in motion another step of my journey. Though I agree his descriptions are not presented in a way that I could follow explicitly, implicitly I was taken to new heights through his high energy.

Love,

Jack