Do You Believe Historical Jesus Actually Existed?

David92506

Do You Believe Historical Jesus Actually Existed?

Post by David92506 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:08 pm

When one googles this question there are a lot of websites that provide compelling evidence that he never even existed.
The number one reason is that no one during Jesus time's wrote about him - historians, poets, scribes, Pontius Pilate, etc. Besides the fraudulent letters running about, the only time people wrote about Jesus was 60 years after his death. The non-secular letters were far and few inbetween. And they were just second hand observations.

I was wondering what your view was?

Webwanderer

Re: Do You Believe Historical Jesus Actually Existed?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 am

There's certainly reason to be curious. The Egyptian story of Osiris, Isis, and Horus is nearly identical. Here's a list with some interesting comparisons. And it's not the only one. There are others around the world with similarities.

https://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jksadeg ... an_God.pdf

WW

Mystic

Post by Mystic » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:52 am

The world is a dream, when seen through the dark prism of the egoic thought system in the unconscious mind. The collective of all egos is similar to the concept of the Star Trek "Borg collective", what Jung called the collective unconscious; and the many different worlds and dimensions, astral planes, etc. are all different dreams and illusions.

Awakening is similar to becoming lucid in a dream where you know that you are dreaming.

Many people have these awakenings inside this dream but then it is very possible to fall back asleep again.

History is replete with charismatic leaders who appeared to have awesome powers but then their ego took over and put them back to sleep...

Jesus woke up inside this dream and then he completely woke up FROM all dreams.

David92506

Post by David92506 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:44 am

Mystic wrote:The world is a dream, when seen through the dark prism of the egoic thought system in the unconscious mind. The collective of all egos is similar to the concept of the Star Trek "Borg collective", what Jung called the collective unconscious; and the many different worlds and dimensions, astral planes, etc. are all different dreams and illusions.

Awakening is similar to becoming lucid in a dream where you know that you are dreaming.

Many people have these awakenings inside this dream but then it is very possible to fall back asleep again.

History is replete with charismatic leaders who appeared to have awesome powers but then their ego took over and put them back to sleep...

Jesus woke up inside this dream and then he completely woke up FROM all dreams.

I gather you believe historical Jesus actually did exist? Why do you believe this?

Mystic

Post by Mystic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:58 am

David92506 wrote: I gather you believe historical Jesus actually did exist? Why do you believe this?
The body is part of our experience in this world. Ultimately, our mind is pure formless awareness that is unlimited. The mind is more than just a brain.

Jesus once walked upon the earth in a body. Now Jesus is pure mind and unlimited. I have met Jesus in dreams and visions so I know he is real.

The world has turned Jesus into an idol but he is my friend and my big brother.

:)

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:45 am

Archetypes and icons can be as powerful, or more powerful, than reality.
Be present, be pleasant.

David92506

Post by David92506 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 am

Mystic wrote:
David92506 wrote: I gather you believe historical Jesus actually did exist? Why do you believe this?
The body is part of our experience in this world. Ultimately, our mind is pure formless awareness that is unlimited. The mind is more than just a brain.

Jesus once walked upon the earth in a body. Now Jesus is pure mind and unlimited. I have met Jesus in dreams and visions so I know he is real.

The world has turned Jesus into an idol but he is my friend and my big brother.

:)
I'm not questioning your visions and meeting him in your dreams. But if you are saying was a historical figure because you met him in your dreams, then I can say the same thing about King Arthur. Again, I'm not attacking - I'm just would like your feedback.

Mystic

Post by Mystic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:07 am

David92506 wrote: I'm not questioning your visions and meeting him in your dreams. But if you are saying was a historical figure because you met him in your dreams, then I can say the same thing about King Arthur. Again, I'm not attacking - I'm just would like your feedback.
I have never met King Arthur but there are interesting legends about him. Much of the historical records about Jesus were probably destroyed in 70 A.D. when the Romans invaded Jerusalem and destroyed the temple and burned the city.

Mary Magdalene took the shroud of Turin to France and started what what eventually became known as the Cathars, a group of Jesus followers with what people would say are gnostic beliefs. Some people debate the shroud's authenticity but it is still a mystery...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbl4EmoH_jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0N9cMUQrZI

David92506

Post by David92506 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 am

Deleted

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:15 am

I'm more curious why is this important to you?

The possible answers are yes/no/maybe to both his existence and people's belief about his existence.

Are any of the possible answers more or less a preference for you, and if so, why?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com