Amma

alchemizt

Amma

Post by alchemizt » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 pm

I saw that Amma was in my city last weekend so I went to the event. She was doing this thing called "darshan" where she hugs you and says a mantra in your ear, I went up and did it. I was really nervous at the time. The event went on all night until the next morning, I had no place to stay so stayed up all night doing volunteer work. The following day after I slept, I woke up in a really good state feeling all this joy and love in my heart, the contrast was extreme, I could feel things I hadn't been able to feel in years. I was really present, like in a meditative state and everything seemed blissful. Since then, every second morning I been waking up with these good feelings in my heart but its worn down in intensity, this morning I only slightly felt it and it wore off after about 10 minutes (the first morning I was feeling it for 5 hours).

I don't know if this is coincidence or if this is because I went to see Amma. Has anyone here done this darshan thing with Amma before? If so, did you have any experience of going into a state of presence afterwards?

randomguy

Re: Amma

Post by randomguy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 am

Hi. Sounds like a great experience. I have not previously heard of Amma. I have however noticed that no experience lasts. So sounds about right. I'd wager the experience of peace and good feeling made an impression on your vibration and you have it in your bank so to speak to help guide toward what is true.

Best,
rg
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

oak tree

Re: Amma

Post by oak tree » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 pm

Haven't met Amma but know people who did. Their experiences were similar to yours. The blissful feeling faded. Still, it seemed to give them encouragement that they too could awaken.