What Is Your Opinion About Ayahuasca Ceremony?

David92506

What Is Your Opinion About Ayahuasca Ceremony?

Post by David92506 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:19 am

Going to Brazil/Peru/Puerto Rico to do an Ayahuasca ceremony has been quite popular in the past 8-years. I've read that when going through these ceremonies one encounters entities that guides a person and give spiritual advice and knowledge. I'm tempted to spend $4,000 to go to one of these ceremonies.

However, what can these entities teach a person that one can't already be taught through books and other seminars? I would hate to spend all that money and the spiritual entities teaches me about the same thing that Eckhart Tolle writes about.

Has anyone gone through these ceremonies? What is your take on it?

Webwanderer

Re: What Is Your Opinion About Ayahuasca Ceremony?

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:00 am

While I haven't been to an Ayahuasca Ceremony, my take is that it is far more about the experience than simply the teachings. Read all you want about the taste of an orange, but there is nothing like the actual tasting. It's the same way with most things. I've read a lot on lucid dreaming, but it wasn't until I had one that I that I truly began to know its power.

WW

David92506

Post by David92506 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 am

I completely understand that intellectual knowledge is one thing and experiencing is another thing. I understand that many people believe that going to an Ayahuasca Ceremony is experiencing a spiritual journey.

But many of us are experiencing Eckhart Tolle's teaching. We meditate and practice being in the moment of what we are doing. By embracing silence we also experience peace and happiness as well as other things.

So what other things are these spiritual journeys offer that living a meditative and mindful lifestyle doesn't?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:44 pm

So what other things are these spiritual journeys offer that living a meditative and mindful lifestyle doesn't?
Not having experienced Ayahuasca I can't fairly say. I have taken psilocybin a time or two and both have DMT as their base. The value in it for me was speed to depth and a kind of mental cleansing. I'm very happy that I took the journeys but it's not something that I would recommend as a regular regimen. As a spiritual discipline it tends to be self regulating.

It's like the difference between digging for a great treasure with different tools. You can do it with a pick and shovel, or you can use some dynamite. Both will ultimately do the job but dynamite cuts the time to get there. That said, if one is not careful dynamite can blow your foot off. Anyway, maybe someone has had some direct experience to share, so I'll leave it to them offer further insight.

WW

David92506

Post by David92506 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 pm

@Webwanderer
Thank you for your words of wisdom. It's much appreciated. :)