Vernon Howard

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 pm

:)

eseward

Post by eseward » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Vernon Howard, in The Power Of Esoterics, wrote:True success is not based on deeds or education or experience, but always on how much of his artificial self a man has abandoned.

It is the ending of the old and familiar thought processes which begins the new and creative processes.

Along this high path you lose the anxious craving for approval from others.

People belong to social causes and to organizations and to ambitions and to careers, but this teaching shows you how to belong to yourself.

sparks

Post by sparks » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:44 am

This is a very cool thread about Vernon Howard. When I first heard his tapes, I found it very refreshing that someone spoke with such honesty and directness about things. In the couple of videos I've seen of him, he doesn't get upset. He gets very animated and emphasizes things a lot, but he himself is not upset. He describes a spiritual fierceness that a person develops which refuses to compromise with or to tolerate wrongness. In one lecture, he mentioned how anyone who goes to his lectures knows from his mannerisms that he does not tolerate hysterics of any kind.

I highly recommend his booklets too. "Freedom from Harmful Voices" is a great guide to catching hypnotizing thoughts. "Practical Exercies for Inner Harmony", "Conquer Harmful Anger", and "Expose Human Sharks" are all very good too.

One of his books tells a story of people wandering lost through the desert. Every oasis in the desert has an oasis keeper (spiritual teacher) who offers relief for anyone who wants refreshment instead of the desert life. Some of the keepers will offer water with their own hands, some will offer instructions on where to find jugs and how to fill them, and some are rough and will only point out the mistakes that prevent a person from fetching their own water. They all offer the same refreshing water, just in different ways.

Vpopov81

Re: Vernon Howard

Post by Vpopov81 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:51 pm

I think Vernon Howard is one of the most practical teachers around because he has so many practical exercises to use in daily life and his emphasis on snapping mental movies hundreds or thousands of times a day till they come less and less until finally the mind is silent. His website has an entire archive of several years worth of spiritual exercises.

Vpopov81

Re:

Post by Vpopov81 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm

sparks wrote:
One of his books tells a story of people wandering lost through the desert. Every oasis in the desert has an oasis keeper (spiritual teacher) who offers relief for anyone who wants refreshment instead of the desert life. Some of the keepers will offer water with their own hands, some will offer instructions on where to find jugs and how to fill them, and some are rough and will only point out the mistakes that prevent a person from fetching their own water. They all offer the same refreshing water, just in different ways.

awesome.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:57 am

LifewithVernonhoward.com has all of his talks on audio dvds very cool.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 pm

I have found a tremendous amount of great Vernon Howard resources at www.lIfewithvernonhoward.com . They have the most materials ever, every talk Vernon ever gave in huge volumes, rare talks, audio streams, books, pamphlets, rare interviews, you name it they have it. Anyone interested in Vernon Howard should check it out.

peleke4

Post by peleke4 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 pm

AMAZING. I read "Mystic Path to Cosmic Power" and was blown away. Though written in the 60's, this book is fresh and brand new, timeless. I then read other books and checked out his talks.

I'm used to the gentle type of teachings: Tolle, Adya, Gangaji, Byron Katie. Howard's style is fierce. He knows how stubborn and rigid the walls can be. His fierceness penetrates through. For some reason, his fierce style really hit home with me. If you're used to the gentle teachings, it wouldn't hurt to see what a fierce style is about.