Vernon Howard

Vpopov81

Great Teacher

Post by Vpopov81 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:41 pm

I have read Mystic Path To Cosmic Power and The Power Of your Supermind both are good books.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:44 am

Both books helped me tremendously. My friends sister simply wouldn't touch Power of Now but read The Power of the Supermind with relish.

eseward

Post by eseward » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Vernon Howard, in Freedom From A Life Of Hell, wrote:A schoolboy had covered his desk with a dozen notes, but the day's lesson remained unsolved. His helpful teacher approached with a note having the right answer. Noticing the cluttered desk the teacher requested, "But first, please clear your answers away." Your Inner Oasis promises, "Make room for the solutions you need and they will arrive for sure. When you know that you don't know - you will!"

Nebula

Post by Nebula » Mon May 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Eseward, could you recommend the best book by Vernon Howard, for de-energising thought forms
:"Mystic Path To Cosmic Power and The Power Of your Supermind both are good books."
I'm ordering a couple of books off amazon today, and thought of the thread when you mentioned his techniques for observing the thinker/disidentifying etc.
"If it is the quality of your consciousness at this moment that determines the future, then what is it that determines the quality of your consciousness? Your degree of presence"

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon May 14, 2007 1:42 pm

My favorite hands-down is his classic, "Mystic Path to Cosmic Power". I must have read it 50 times by now. :)

Ives

Post by Ives » Mon May 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks for the tip, Ese.

I'll check it out.

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon May 14, 2007 7:56 pm

Really hope it has something for you, Ives. :)

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Mon May 14, 2007 8:04 pm

eseward wrote:My favorite hands-down is his classic, "Mystic Path to Cosmic Power". I must have read it 50 times by now. :)
I may not have read it 50 times but its my favourite also.

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon May 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Big smile coming at ya, AndyD... :D

Ives

Post by Ives » Mon May 14, 2007 9:18 pm

For your sublime information, I ordered the book this afternoon through Amazon, second hand. The cost was $0.24 (twenty-four US cents), plus postage of $12.73.

Can't beat it. :D

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon May 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Too bad the postage was so high! Awesome price, of course. :)

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue May 15, 2007 12:05 am

Ives, we're on the same page. :) I also bought it this morning.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

eseward

Post by eseward » Wed May 16, 2007 1:00 pm

Vernon Howard, in Mystic Path to Cosmic Power, wrote:Dare to live without opinions. At first, you feel jittery, like an invalid abandoning his cane, but later, quietness sets in. The test of whether you really see a fact about life is this: when clearly seen, you feel a great sense of relief.

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu May 17, 2007 12:13 pm

Vernon Howard, in Mystic Path to Cosmic Power, wrote:What, then, is happiness? The answer is not complex. Happiness is simply a state of inner freedom. Freedom from what? With a bit of self-insight, every individual can answer that question for himself. It is freedom from the secret angers and anxieties we tell no one about. It is freedom from fear of being unappreciated and ignored, from muddled thinking that drives us to compulsive actions and, later, to regrets. It is freedom from painful cravings that deceive us into thinking that our attainment of this person or of that circumstance will make everything right. Happiness is liberty from everything that makes us unhappy.

Happiness is formless; it cannot be fitted into the frame of our demands. We insist upon this wife or husband, this career or achievement, this home, this security, excitement or distraction. Even if we get our demands, we are no happier than before; we have merely covered our unhappiness. It is still there, and will inevitably show itself when change occurs. We must break the frame altogether, and just let life happen; then, we enter an amazing new world whose existence we never before suspected.

eseward

Post by eseward » Fri May 18, 2007 2:57 pm

Someone was recently posting about how they seem to have more problems and pains than ever since starting to practice Eckhart's teachings. I recently came across this again...
Vernon Howard, in Mystic Path to Cosmic Power, wrote:Q: Now that I've started to awaken a bit, I seem to run into new difficulties I never had before. Why this extra conflict?

A: A man asleep in a canoe drifting downstream toward a dangerous waterfall feels no difficulties. But when he wakes up and sees his danger, he starts paddling against the current. All the false ideas of life resist the man who begins to awaken. This is a good sign, not one to fear.