OSHO

D'ray

Post by D'ray » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 pm

I checked some of his quotes and liked them quite much.

There are some hilarious videos of him speaking on youtube, watch them out.

He brings the humorous side more up, which I like. ET doesn't speak about it so much nor involve it to his teachings.

Humor = Enlightement :wink:

shappy

Post by shappy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:54 pm

Osho is (was) incredible. From what I know of him, he completely defied the status quo. He was absolutely free.

Vpopov81

Re: OSHO

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Customize your google with an Osho quote of the day.

http://meditationiseasy.com/blog/main/e ... -launched/

innerhike

Post by innerhike » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:49 am

While I am sure we can all find quirks about Osho that we do not like, I find it interesting that when people like Osho are alive, they are damned, and once they are dead, they are made into saints. Observe how the Indian public now can't get enough of his writings and talks, now that he is no longer alive to give them a hard time. They will put him up on a pedestal instead of continuing to challenge the status quo which was Osho's specialty. I am from India, so I can take the liberty of saying all this.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 am

Is he really so successful now? I love Osho's total trust. He said "If my teachings are worth anything the whole will find a way to keep them alive" And indeed. I know my life is much richer with the knowledge that people like this man walk the earth.

suraj

Post by suraj » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Observe how the Indian public now can't get enough of his writings and talks, now that he is no longer alive to give them a hard time. They will put him up on a pedestal instead of continuing to challenge the status quo which was Osho's specialty.
That's so true , innerhike . But isn't it wonderful that people are embracing him more than ever . Osho's entire message is contained in one word - "Awareness" , but he combined it with so many different things , that it's sometimes difficult to separate the chaff from the grain. May be he had his reasons for doing so.
But honestly , I discovered Osho only after I found ET. Osho makes so much more sense now.
I AM

Pernille

Post by Pernille » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:59 am

This is my first time writing anything in any kind of forum on internet, so I hope this works.

Anyway, I am so happy to read that many of you know about Osho. Eckhart Tolle and Osho, it seems to me are trying to convey the exact same knowledge, but just a touch of difference via their personalities. A couple of days after reading Toole's books and listening to the pod casts so, I wished I could have asked Echart Tolle if he has read any of Osho's books. But it does not matter, I realized. What is the point for Eckhart to read descriptions about "honey" by a different person when he has already tasted "honey"

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:56 am

Welcome Pernille!

In my opinion, you have joined one of the clearest, well-managed forums anywhere...of course, the topic is something most of us care about strongly. And it's not fluff. Please poke around here, including past postings of members and moderators to get a better sense of the many personalities. Including our fearless leader erict, who has endured a few painbodies himself!

I visited Antelope, Oregon during the Bhagwan era. They had a little curio store managed by some of his followers, on the highway, not in the compound. I was rather struck by how carefully groomed and stylish they were. And a little bit condescending, and a little bit phony...

None of which is to discredit whatever he was saying, or the relevance of his writings. But he took some large risks and got exposed for apparently misleading some people...the facts are old and vague to me now.

I will review his work and revisit this...welcome, again.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:11 pm

I was rereading Zen The Special Transmission and I also wonder if Eckhart sometimes takes from other works. In this book Osho talks about how a child first refers to himself in teh 3rd person and says "Johnny is hungry" word for word is in Eckharts A New Earth.

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 pm

I think there are many universal ideas that we can all speak of. There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to spiritual ideas, just new ways of conveying them. The fact that many children speak of themselves in the 3rd person, has been acknowledged by more writers than just Osho and Eckhart, and is likely found in many textbooks on child development.

Look at the way we speak in this forum. We are all tossing around thoughts and pointers that have been being tossed around for thousands of years. We just happen to do it at light speed now. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 pm

I remember my first exposure to Osho back in the mid 70s, only then he was known as Bhagwan Sree Rajneesh. I couldn't get what he was saying whatsoever, but I sensed there was "something" there. When the negative stuff came out I dismissed all interest and shelved my books. After reading PON suddenly something just "clicked", so I dug out those dusty books and gave them another look. I couldn't believe how clearly Osho was describing things, how refreshing his approach was. I could look past his personal quirks and the behavior of those surrounding him and really appreciate the teaching itself.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.

Pernille

Post by Pernille » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:38 am

Osho did not succumb to egoic selfishness. People around him just went a little crazy. Osho was/is enlightended. His message was totally the same as Eckhart Tolle's.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:56 am

Pernille wrote:Osho did not succumb to egoic selfishness. People around him just went a little crazy. Osho was/is enlightended. His message was totally the same as Eckhart Tolle's.

Osho had a HUGE ego. But he was aware of it and not identified with it so whos to say. He lied alot which I think hurt his teaching, and had outright contempt for the stupidity of some of his sannyasins. But still this is a man of raw truth and his teaching has been invaluable. You cant just judge him black or white. I say take what you need.

eyogateacher

Post by eyogateacher » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Compassion and the Enlightened Person

The word 'compassion" is beautiful .It is made out of the same word as "passion" .When passion is transformed ,when the desire to seek and search for the other is no more there ,when you are enough unto yourself ,when you don't need anybody ,when the very desire for the other has evaporated ,when you are utterly happy blissful , just being alone ,then passion becomes compassion .Now you don’t' seek the other because you feel empty and lonely ; now you seek the other because you are too full and you would like to share .

The enlightened person also seeks the other just as the unenlightened person seeks , but there is a qualitative difference .The unenlightened person seeks the other because he feels a negative nothingness in him .Left alone he does not feel aloneness , he feels loneliness .The enlightened also seeks the other for the simple reason that somebody had to be found with whom he could share .But now it is not a need , hence he will not compromise .It is not a need ,hence he will not possess .It is not a need , in fact it is just the opposite of it ; it is abundance .It is not a need , it is overflowing joy .When there is overflowing love it is compassion .
Passion arises out of negative nothingness and compassion arises out of positive nothingness .

Loneliness and aloneness

Loneliness is a state of mind when you are constantly missing the other , aloneness is the state of mind when you are constantly delighted in yourself .Loneliness is miserable , aloneness is blissful .Loneliness is always worried ,missing something ,hankering for something , desiring for something ; aloneness is a deep fulfillment ,not going out , tremendously content , happy , celebrating .In loneliness you are off centre , in aloneness you are centered and rooted .

Loneliness and relationships

Now if you move into a relationship when you are feeling lonely ,then you will exploit the other .The other will become a means to satisfy you .You will use the other , and everybody resents being used because no man is here to become a means for anybody else .Every man is an end unto himself .Nobody is here to be used like a thing ,everybody is here to be worshipped like a king .Nobody is here to fulfill anybody else's expectations ,everybody if here just to be himself .

So whenever you move in any relationship out of loneliness ,the relationship is already on the rocks .Even before it has started ,it is already on the rocks .Even before the birth ,the child is dead .It is going to create more misery for you .And remember , when you move from your loneliness you will fall in relationship with somebody who is in the same plight ,because no man who is really living his aloneness will be attracted towards you .You will be too below him .He can , at the most , sympathize ,but cannot love you .One who is on his peak of aloneness can only be attracted towards somebody who is also alone .So whenever you move out of loneliness , you will find a man of the same type ; you will find your own reflection somewhere .Two beggars will meet , two miserable people meet , it is not an ordinary addition ,it is a multiplication .They create much more misery for each other than they could have created in their loneliness .

What is the solution for the same ?

First become alone .First start enjoying yourself .First become so authentically happy that if nobody comes it doesn't matter ; you are full , overflowing .If nobody knocks at your door it is perfectly fine - you are not missing .You are not waiting for somebody to come and knock at the door .You are at home .If somebody comes , good , beautiful .If nobody comes , that too is beautiful and good .
Then move into a relationship .Now you move like a master , not like a beggar .And the person who has lived in his aloneness will always be attracted to another person who is also living his aloneness beautifully ,because the same attracts the same .When two masters meet --masters of their being , of their aloneness -- happiness is not just added , it is multiplied .It becomes a tremendous phenomenon of celebration .And they don't exploit ,they share .They don't use each other .Rather , on the contrary ,they both become one and enjoy the existence that surrounds them .

Compiled from various talks of Osho

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 am

Ahhhh IGNORANCE! is it bliss?! I love Osho, I simply picked up a book of his read it and I was hooked, one book, no googling nothing ......so now reading all this I was "Whoaaaa!" :lol: Still stick to him because he rings true to me, shappy got it right, one of his best qualities is his FREEDOM I do agree, its a wonderful thing to be free. And Vpopov8 ....I would say "yes" Tolle most certainly does take from others works and most pertinently Osho's....I noticed it straight away. We all have our preferences and dislikes it is only natural, kiki was very severe about pushing stuff down other peoples throats "Jesus" ... I have noticed that when debates start on this site people tend to press their views on others talking as if the other person is wrong or doesnt understand, when in point of fact they just dont agree!! Peace. :)