OSHO

Vpopov81

OSHO

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 am

K now Im bringin out the big guns. For those of you who haven't heard of Osho a.k.a. Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh he was a very very controversial teacher who died in 1990. And although his morality wasn't 100% on point, he was indeed a very conscious man and his teachings are the most fun I have heard. His sense of humor was awesome and I fear that his lack of morality and final decent into drug induced madness caused people to not consider the tremendous service he did for human consciousness. He is definately worth checking out, but he is also a great example of why we need to be a light onto ourselves lest we be taken advantage of.

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 am

He was another one of those guys I read years ago (Rajneesh back then) that I just couldn't understand, but I kept trying. Then when things went crazy with his followers in Oregon I wrote him off completely. After reading ET everything just "clicked" and I revisted some of my old books, Krishnamurti and Rajneesh in particular. Suddenly I was struck by the clarity and brilliance of what Rajneesh was saying in particular. I have since read more of his stuff, now sold under the name "Osho", just to enjoy his flair for describing this whole thing - very entertaining and insightful.

It's perplexing and sad to see how he himself succumbed to egoic weaknesses (setting himself up as a guru, the 90 Rolls Royces, and drugs among other things), and then allowing his followers to get out of control. Maybe it was just his way of saying "Screw it, it's all just show anyway, I think I'll make it an unforgettable one."

Do yourself a favor, though, and set aside any personal feelings about how he went about things and read some of his stuff. You may be surprised.

suraj

Post by suraj » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:44 am

I fully agree with you Kiki . How strange it is that everything makes sense after reading ET.
I AM

Vpopov81

Ya

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 am

Ya with Rajneesh Jesus said it best when he taolked about teachers. Do as they say not as they do. Rajneesh talks so much about transcending the ego but his ego was huuuuuge. Then again I'm sure he had his reasons for what he did, and maybe it was best for the people to give him all their money and let him have rolls royces for letting them be with him.

It is what it is but he was a truly special person. I read his stuff he is such a charismatic man and sometimes the way he describes things is truly magical. And I absolutely love the way he uses jokes (even dirty ones) to get spiritual truths across.

And he also invented many forms of meditation and many of them are a bit crazy but at least he was trying new things. All in all I think he helped humanity.

suraj

Post by suraj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 am

In India, there is a sudden deluge of OSHO stuff. He is everywhere . In every bookstore , a large section is devoted to his books and audio. I find people travelling in busy trains (You must be in India to see the crowd) , reading his magazines. A place , where thousands of Gurus are competing for people's attention , it's really strange how Osho has managed such a following. His chief centre is in Pune (Western India) which I hear is nestled in beautiful surroundings.
As for me , I find his writings sometimes , too hot to handle .
I AM

Ives

Post by Ives » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:54 am

Most of the negative press about Osho was actually instigated by his enemies (including the U.S. government) and then picked up on by the sheep of the media.

Those who knew him (including a friend of mine) say that he actually lived a very simple daily life. The only ‘luxury’ he allowed himself was air-conditioning. Most days he stayed in his room reading until the evening, when he came out to give a spontaneous talk to his followers.
All his books are transcribed from these spontaneous talks.

That thing about owning 90 Rolls Royces was just a huge joke on his part, aimed to show the folly of collecting material goods. Unfortunately, not many people seem to have gotten the joke. I wonder why? :)
Last edited by Ives on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ives

Post by Ives » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:57 am

Suraj, it's very interesting to hear that Osho is big in India now.
Cause for celebration!

eyogateacher

Post by eyogateacher » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:54 pm

It is true that Osho is everywhere in India .Most of his woks are getting translated in regional languages and they are a big hit .I love reading the works of Osho and they are really amazing .

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm

I enjoyed Osho's work. He did a really nice little book on creativity that I especially liked. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Vpopov81

Zen The special transmission

Post by Vpopov81 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:40 pm

I read one of his books, it was the 1st time I was introduced to Rajneesh the book was called "Zen: The special Transmission". It was a truly magical book. In it it starts out with little Zen stories and Rajneesh's commentary on them.

And his humor is so funny for example, he talks about the origin of the word Zen. He says "It is a mispronounciation of a mispronounciation of a mispronouciation , so I am not the only one who goes around mispronouncing words!" And if you go to google you can find some of his videos.

Absolutely Free to be Funny.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2

Annie

Post by Annie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:51 am

Hello everyone,
Kiki wrote;
It's perplexing and sad to see how he himself succumbed to egoic weaknesses
This happens to many awakened men.
The way I see it is that self-realisation can be looked at from two main perspectives; Transcendence and Embodiment.
Transcendence (of the ego) is the first, but may come only in certain moments or special states - when in Presence if you like.
The second stage is Embodiment - where the transcendent state is embodied into the actual ordinary life of the person, and this is a longer and more difficult process.
Some methods only teach the first. Some teach both.
So we have Awakening (short moments of transcendence), then Transcendence (where the wakeful moments extend much longer), and then Embodiment, where the enlightened state has been integrated with the personality, and the man can now do what he knows.

These three processes are sometimes referred to as;
Waking-up, Death (of the ego) and Rebirth (of the new man).

And different teachers are at different stages of this process of integration. Some do not teach it at all.

Regards,
Annie.
'There is no greater miracle than being present. Everything begins and never ends from this.'
Robert Burton.

Annie

Post by Annie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:32 am

A necessary addition to my previous post:
I am in no way commenting on the behaviour of any enlightened individuals here. That would be presumptuous.
They are seeing things objectively.
I am almost always in subjectivity.
What may appear to me to be bewildering behaviour could indeed be a joke on their part rather than an egoic blind spot.

Gurdjieff has a rather amusing response to subjective judgements;
"Since when does egg tell chicken what to do?"

Cheers,
Annie.

Vpopov81

Osho books

Post by Vpopov81 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:20 am

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:09 pm

osho is very funny but also very profound.
it's like tolle with jokes!
worth checking out

eyogateacher

Post by eyogateacher » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:12 pm

God speaks in everyone's heart , but we are so occupied in the head that we never listen to that still , small voice within .There is so much clamoring , so much unnecessary noise - we have made the head a market place - that the heart goes on calling and we remain deaf to it .God is not far away , he is very close .All that is needed is the art of making the mind a little silent , a little less noisy , a little more peaceful , relaxed .
As the mind settles into relaxation, suddenly you start hearing a divine music within you .God has started playing on the instrument of your heart ,on the harp of your heart - and that music is transforming .Once heard it is never forgotten , once heard life is never the same again , once heard you have become part of immortal existence , you are no more a mortal .

Osho