Leonard Jacobson - A Personal Recommendation

unbornawakened

Re: Leonard Jacobson - A Personal Recommendation

Post by unbornawakened » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:52 pm

That was funny :lol: yet this is indeed how the game is played at times ...
Sighclone wrote: "I'm under heavy attack from Presence, from some damned Force, a denying encompassing relentless Power, so OK, I'm going to say "the hell with you, I'm just going to be "Sick Guy." And that's the way it is. Me, sick guy. Sick, miserable suffering guy. I like pain. I love pain and anger and lashing angry opposition. And I'm a tough ass there. Nobody, no simpering funny-nose German, no diaper-wearing old dead Indian, nobody can take me from my lovely misery. Least of all some half-awake Australian ex-lawyer."

tod

Post by tod » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:35 pm

unbornawakened wrote:I can be present, sometimes for a week or two (rarely, but increasingly so), and bask in that blilssful state. Yet it never lasts long, and often it fluctuates wildly from day to day. It has also a lot to do with my own determination - if I am determined on a given day, to give it a good start (with meditation, presence) everything flows smoothly. On other days, it seems that I simply prefer to be unhappy and feel that - I know the remedy, but I prefer to be ill.
Thank you for writing this unbornawakened. I could have written much the same.

Could it be that there are two I's in the quoted text - the one that uses it's determination, and the one that prefers to be unhappy, ill?

It seems here that I have seen 'what is the case' and yet I revert; so I need to use my determination, discipline, to hold on, to assert myself, truth, - to keep myself clear, aware, knowing. If I relax this, then habit, momentum, unhappiness, illness, arises and takes hold.

It seems that the more clearly I see this, the more pleasurable the discipline, as I know it is keeping me 'in place'. It could perhaps be likened to a loving parent, holding the space of awareness/love open for the 'other I', the 'child' to safely undo itself.

EvB

Post by EvB » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 am

unbornawakened wrote:Thank you EvB for attempting to reply.
Reading your post, it is still not clear what needs to be done. The expression of negative emotions (or even positive ones, really !) with other people, seems to create conditions for more emotional hurt. So what is the mechanism for dissipating these emotions safely ? Hitting a boxing sack ? Shooting darts at a picture of your boss ? Breaking bottles or breaking your furniture at home ? This is the part missing from Jacobson. The theory sounds right, but there seems to be no follow up to the theory. Or perhaps I am missing it.
Leonard works with this type of emotional pain you are describing.

From Leonard's website http://leonardjacobson.com/about.php
Leonard is much more than a master of Presence. He is also a gifted healer

Many people have experienced Presence and have recognized the transformative value of being more present, and yet they are unable to maintain an appropriate level of Presence in their day to day lives and in their relationships.

There are two reasons for this. The first is that an unhealed or traumatized past will not release them from its grip. The second is that many people have emotions from the past repressed within them. They cannot be fundamentally present, because those repressed emotions are constantly being projected onto the present moment, distorting their experience of life.

Leonard is a gifted healer and mystic, who can penetrate beyond the veils of illusion into the very heart of whatever is holding you in the past, in a way that leads to completion, healing and release.

"My teaching has nothing to do with the past. It has everything to do with this moment, but sometimes we have to journey into the past to release ourselves from it."
- Leonard Jacobson
I have seen Leonard work with many people at workshops and retreats with repressed emotional pain and traumas from the past to get to the core of it so that it can be released from them and them from it. Following is how he might address you with this issue, based on what you are experiencing...

Leonard would probably tell you to start by being extremely grateful for the times you are able to remain in extended periods of Presence. That is a true blessing. He would suggest to you to be accepting and allowing of the part of you that wants to be ill when it arises to the best of your ability. Explore those feelings when they come up and remain as present with them as you can and get to know what they are about. You can even ask God/Source or whatever word feels most comfortable to you to bring up and reveal the source and origin of these painful, emotional feelings for healing, completion and release. And if it is too overwhelming to be present with the feelings, that is ok. Just confess that it is too painful to be present with them as they arise but spend a few moments acknowledging that they are there and be compassionate with the part of you that is feeling the pain.

The key is to not deny these feelings or want to get rid of them or bypass them in any way. They are trying to communicate a message to you and they need you to be present with them. The more you are willing and able to be present with the feelings as they arise, the more the pain will be able to reveal its hidden secrets to you. Being present is not just about being in the flow and feeling bliss. It is about being willing to be present with whatever arises in the moment and being a master of your own mind and ego, so that no matter what is arising you are able to remain present as it is happening without getting caught in the story that the feelings are presenting to you. Being present with these feelings is what will permit you to heal whatever is in need of healing.

In addition to that, I suggest that you watch Leonard's free video webcasts when they resume. He usually does a webcast once every two weeks, although he is currently teaching in China for the next couple of months. He has two full 1.5hr video webcasts posted on his youtube channel that you can watch at http://www.youtube.com/leojaco123 . To get an overview of Leonard's teachings and the work that is required to ground yourself in Presence, start by reading the following articles. http://leonardjacobson.com/teachings_leonards.php If his teachings resonate with you, get a copy of "Journey into Now" and read that.

unbornawakened

Post by unbornawakened » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer... will dig into this further.

nowist prime

Post by nowist prime » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:09 am

hello, can someone tell point me to the audio version of the "journey into the now".

EvB

Post by EvB » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:41 am

An audio version of "Journey into Now" has not been produced as of yet, but I'll keep you posted if I hear anything, as I'd really like to have a copy as well.

EvB

Free webcasts with Leonard Jacobson

Post by EvB » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:23 am

Free webcasts with Leonard Jacobson:

Leonard's next free, live webcast will be on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 (A replay will be available through Thursday, June 21).
http://leonardjacobson.com/events_attend.php

Recent Leonard Jacobson webcasts on YouTube:

May 22, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFSSKtCYFkM

June 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6AHu3PWaR0

EvB

Free video webcasts with Leonard Jacobson

Post by EvB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Leonard Jacobson offers free, live video webcasts online, where he guides the group into Presence. The focus of Leonard's talks is always on becoming present and arising in mastery of the mind and ego. If you would like to watch these webcasts, but the time is not convenient for you, Leonard posts a replay of his talks on his website for 48 hrs, 2-3 hrs after they end.

You can watch Leonard's webcasts at the following link...
http://leonardjacobson.com/events_attend.php

Upcoming webcast dates: on Tuesdays at 7PM, US Pacific time + 48hr replays
January 22
February 5
February 19
March 5
March 19