Martin Heidegger

Martin Heidegger

Postby ninjin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:19 am

In my little quest here to think outside the box I'm pointing you to Martin Heidegger. He writes about nothingness, being and time.
Most famous for Being and Time.
http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/heid.htm
ninjin

Re: Martin Heidegger

Postby ordordord » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:58 pm

Yeah
I have a deep feeling Martin ´s got a few interesting remarks I mean just the tiltle sein und zeit, it deals with the same issue, although regretting in his later life that he had used a to complicated language he is interesting but I don´t remember to much at the present, but I knew his swedish translator Richard Matz who also was a historian and philosopher greatly influenced by heidegger,he thought a lot out of the box and pointed out a new way for politics and spirituality my feeling is that tolle has something a little bit deeper than the ordinary new age prophet, still i am perplexed with him taking a like to for example barry long...
what also confuses me is that tolle takes up highly conscious people like aldous huxley but none of his devotes on the forum mentions him
I am convinced that higher consciousness shows itself in new ways of thinking building on the good thinkers before "crap in crap out"
ordordord

Re: Martin Heidegger

Postby Cotard » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 am

Heidegger goes on to say that there is a 'there' only if there is an entity that has made a disclosure of spatiality as the being of the 'there'; and that being-there's existential spatiality is grounded in being-in-the-world. This simply means that, in the very act of being, I disclose a spatial world: my being is always in the form of a spatial being-there. (In spite of the Hindus and Hegel, there is no such thing as 'pure being'. All being is limited and particularized—if I am at all, I am in a spatial world.) In brief, there is only a 'there', a spatial world (for senses and objects to be 'amidst'), if I am there. Only so long as I am there shall I be 'in the form of being-amidst-the-world'—i.e. as sense-organs ('here') surrounded by sense-objects ('yonder').

(iv) But on what does this 'I am there' depend? 'I am there' means 'I am in the world'; and I am 'in the world' in the form of senses (as eye...mind). And Heidegger tells us that the 'here' (i.e. the senses) is always understood in relation to a 'yonder' ready-to-hand, i.e. something that is for some purpose (of mine). I, as my senses, 'am towards' this 'yonder'; I am 'a being that is de-severant, directional, and concernful'.

An article is rather on the Buddha teaching, but using Heidegger ideas: http://nisargadatta-vipassana.blogspot. ... ld_22.html
Cotard

Return to Spiritual Teachers