Burt Harding

sparks

Burt Harding

Post by sparks » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 pm

http://www.burtharding.com

I found Burt's website a few years ago while doing a search for Ramana Maharshi. He conducts weekly satsangs in Vancouver, Canada...he writes summary articles of those satsangs and has them available on his website and through his email list. There's also a monthly newsletter on the site and through the list. He also spends a few hours every day answering email questions from students around the world...I found this service very helpful because I could ask him how to apply awareness practice to specific situations, or get further clarifications on something from the articles. Sometimes, he'll email a follow-up article to address common questions from a satsang.

Here's a quote from "The Wonder of Grace" article:
Grace is the very nature of our being and the so-called ego has no power over it. We can’t make grace happen anymore than we can fly by flapping our arms. There is no control in grace. Grace is the epitome of surrender. Grace is that sweetness, warmth and love that we feel when we are egoless. It is the pure state of being. I see grace in my cat’s eyes when it’s mellow. I see grace when a puppy can’t stop wagging its tail with
joy. I see grace when someone looks with tender love.

Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi said, “Grace is always present. You imagine it is something somewhere high in the sky, far away, and has to descend. It is really inside you, in your Heart, and the moment you effect subsidence or merger of the mind into its Source, grace rushes forth, sprouting as from a spring within you.”

Grace is a surrender of the controlling ego and an abidance in that sweet trust of the divine in you known as Heart. It enriches you with its gentleness, its touch and makes you ‘see’ how everything is one Source. Grace is so trusting that it sees no separation and therefore it is fearless. Grace is the reality of your being, in fact, it is who you are. When we stop figuring out, weighing everything, comparing, judging and just
fully relax in our heart, people and objects are seen as interconnected. We are automatically filled with compassionate understanding of how things are without any mental figuring-out.

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Beautiful. Thanks, man.

suraj

Post by suraj » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:59 am

What is it with Vancouver ? first ET and then this man :)
I AM

sparks

Post by sparks » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:17 am

suraj wrote:What is it with Vancouver ? first ET and then this man :)
I wish I was there. :D

I've read descriptions by both Eckhart and Burt about their first visits to Vancouver, and why they decided to live there. They both felt the area had a more awakened consciousness.