Arnold Mindell

spatialbean

Arnold Mindell

Post by spatialbean » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:23 pm

Arnold Mindell is a Jungian psychologist who developed "Process Work" which is a very powerful form of therapy that I believe could be used hand in hand with PoN, perhaps on a difficult psychological issue that is not responding to surrender or dropping.

What he does is he says that whatever is going on is inherently right, so you start from a basis of acceptance of what is. If you are in a coma, ok, you are in a coma, let's go from there, let's even intensify the coma to see it's message. From there the message comes of what is trying to make itself known. Healing happens, acceptance happens.

My favorite of his books is "The Shaman's Body".

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 pm

Everything is as it should be.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Clare

Post by Clare » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm

I don't know why I clicked on this thread this morning, but I did. Synchronicity, I guess.

This teacher sounds very interesting to me, Claudia. Thanks for the pointer. In fact, there is a method we use in Body Alignment Technique that sounds similar to this: go right into the centre of pain (physical or emotional), embrace it, accept it just as it is, send it love and acceptance. The pain has probably never been accepted before. Often, it doesn't know what to do with acceptance and love; it's a new relationship. And due to the new approach, suddenly the person experiencing the pain or imbalance is no longer the victim of the pain or imbalance. There is co-operation where there was resistance, and often the relaxation of resistance allows the pain to dissolve, as it has been allowed to be what it needs to be and has no more to do.

In BAT the primary reason for the method of accepting the pain, accepting the 'nowness' of it, is in order to 'dissolve the crystal', speaking in terms of the crystal structure in the cell that is carrying that 'charge'. So the objective (or agenda, if you will) is to restructure the relationship with the pain, and ultimately release it. It's very effective.

Thanks again for the pointer, Claudia.
Love, Clare

be-lank

Post by be-lank » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:22 pm

“If you are in a coma, ok, you are in a coma, let's go from there, let's even intensify the coma to see it's message.”

"Have you been feeding the squirrels? :shock:

L. Bryson

Post by L. Bryson » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:14 am

:D :D :D :wink:

L.
L. Bryson

spatialbean

Post by spatialbean » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:04 am

Yeah, Clare, I think you would enjoy his books. He has books on what he calls the dreambody that I think would be applicable in the work you have described. Like you said, the pain we have is not used to being accepted and loved for its message. The knee jerk response is to eradicate it rather than hear its healing message.

Yeah, again, I know it sounds crazy and wrong, but he will intensify a coma or whatever is manifesting, a twitch, a cough, a nervous habit of touching your glasses, whatever, to get to the message behind it. Often when we can't say what we really would like to say or do, that desire goes underground and comes out in odd ways. Like the shadow. Odd behavior that might be damaging to us or those around us, by intensifying it, by saying it's ok and accepting it, it can speak it's truth, have a voice and then the odd behavior isn't needed any longer.

Love,
Claudia