j. krishnamurti

grant

j. krishnamurti

Post by grant » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:12 am

what's not to like. :wink:

gdvant

Re: j. krishnamurti

Post by gdvant » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

"When we stop fighting with ourselves, we aren’t creating anymore conflict in our mind. Then our mind can for the first time relax and be still. Then for the first time our consciousness can become whole and unfragmented. Then total attention can be given to all of our thoughts and feelings. And then there will be found a gentleness and a goodness in us that can embrace all that is been given in the world. Then a deep love for everything will be the result of this deep attention. For this total attention, this soft and pure consciousness that we are, is nothing but Love itself. " J. Krishnamurti

Tara

Post by Tara » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Just found him a couple days ago and I like :)

Tara

Post by Tara » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 am

I have been reading all the posts about Tolle being fully realized?? with interest. So far in my journey I am able to see and "take" what resonates right with me from different "teachers" or sources or pointers. Which is a little suprising as usually my mind wants to analyze everything...lol. But I also for many years have felt that man/teachers/leaders and such do not have all the answers I am seeking...if they did then their lives would be perfect...wouldn't they (my mind says) Even the bible says not to put your trust in man or idolize him.

Anyways if there were to be one man I looked up to like a guru or teacher, right now it might be Krishnamurti...funny cause he was very clear about people NOT looking at him as a guru or following him:
'Truth is a pathless land'. Man cannot come to it through any organization, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual, nor through any philosophical knowledge or psychological technique. He has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation, and not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection. Man has built in himself images as a sense of security—religious, political, personal. These manifest as symbols, ideas, beliefs. The burden of these dominates man's thinking, relationships and his daily life. These are the causes of our problems for they divide man from man in every relationship."
ANOTHER WONDERFUL QUOTE..
"...So, we are enquiring into what makes a bird. What is creation behind all this? Are you waiting for me to describe it, go into it? You want me to go into it? Why (From the audience: To understand what creation is[)]. Why do you ask that? Because I asked? No description can ever describe the origin. The origin is nameless; the origin is absolutely quiet, it's not whirring about making noise. Creation is something that is most holy, that's the most sacred thing in life, and if you have made a mess of your life, change it. Change it today, not tomorrow. If you are uncertain, find out why and be certain. If your thinking is not straight, think straight, logically. Unless all that is prepared, all that is settled, you can't enter into this world, into the world of creation."
I NOW HAVE SOME MORE BOOKS TO ACCUMULATE!!

HERE IS THE WIKIPEDIA LINK TO KRISHNAMURTI...SO VERY INTERESTING

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti

great2be

Post by great2be » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:48 pm

A very useful Krishnamurti resource

http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/en/index.php
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?

great2be

Post by great2be » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:55 pm

I have no name,
I am as the fresh breeze of the mountains.
I have no shelter;
I am as the wandering waters.
I have no sanctuary, like the dark gods;
Nor am I in the shadow of deep temples.
I have no sacred books;
Nor am I well-seasoned in tradition.
I am not in the incense
Mounting on the high altars,
Nor in the pomp of ceremonies.
I am neither in the graven image,
Nor in the rich chant of a melodious voice.
I am not bound by theories,
Nor corrupted by beliefs.
I am not held in the bondage of religions,
Nor in the pious agony of their priests.
I am not entrapped by philosophies,
Nor held in the power of their sects.
I am neither low nor high,
I am the worshipper and the worshipped.
I am free.
My song is the song of the river
Calling for the open seas,
Wandering, wandering,
I am Life.
I have no name,
I am as the fresh breeze of the mountains.
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Krishnamurti is great. He is a tough read though. He's a great teacher because he leaves many things unsaid. It took me some time to understand him--I still don't always, but I've had many experiences where I've said "Ah, now I understand what he meant by this or that!"

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 pm

karmarider wrote:Krishnamurti is great. He is a tough read though. He's a great teacher because he leaves many things unsaid. It took me some time to understand him--I still don't always, but I've had many experiences where I've said "Ah, now I understand what he meant by this or that!"
Genetically, it is a lot easier for you to understand J. Krishnamurti. Some thinking patterns are inherited. It is difficult to learn a foreign thinking pattern from a different culture if that thinking pattern has not yet developed in one's own culture.

Sometimes, it is very hard to translate between English and Chinese for me when there is no corresponding thinking patterns. One can not learn a new thinking pattern just by simply listening to the explanations.

For example: Humors in Chinese may not be funny in English. One theory about humor is that when one's mind holds mutual exclusive concepts simultaneously, one laughs.

What happens if one holds all possible concepts simultaneously?

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Tue May 05, 2009 6:50 am

Tony-S-Ma wrote:For example: Humors in Chinese may not be funny in English. One theory about humor is that when one's mind holds mutual exclusive concepts simultaneously, one laughs.

We would die from laughing?

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue May 05, 2009 7:34 am

karmarider wrote:
Tony-S-Ma wrote:For example: Humors in Chinese may not be funny in English. One theory about humor is that when one's mind holds mutual exclusive concepts simultaneously, one laughs.

"One might not be able to laugh" is another possibility.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Wed May 06, 2009 12:12 am

Tony-S-Ma wrote:
karmarider wrote:

"One might not be able to laugh" is another possibility.
The best one seems to be "One is free to choose whether to laugh or not all the time." Automatic laughing is completely thrown out one's system.