Candice O'Denver

DWBH1953

Candice O'Denver

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:16 am

I just ran accross this being called Candice O'Denver.
Her work and mission seem very close to ET. Her founding organization called
Great Freedom and teachings are quite amazing as they seem to go to deeper levels of awareness than even Tolles work. anyone here familar with her and or teachings.
Please share.
Thanks
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Javonni

Re: Candice O'Denver

Post by Javonni » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:04 am

DWBH1953 wrote:I just ran accross this being called Candice O'Denver.
Her work and mission seem very close to ET. Her founding organization called
Great Freedom and teachings are quite amazing as they seem to go to deeper levels of awareness than even Tolles work. anyone here familar with her and or teachings.
Please share.
Thanks
Randji
I am familiar with Candice O'Denver. http://www.greatfreedom.org

I find her audios a trip to listen to.

Short moments of awareness,
repeated many times,
become automatic!

I think about this quite often to bring me into the moment.
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:10 am

Javonni wrote:
I am familiar with Candice O'Denver. http://www.greatfreedom.org

I find her audios a trip to listen to.

Short moments of awareness,
repeated many times,
become automatic!

I think about this quite often to bring me into the moment.
What makes them a trip for you?
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:22 am

What makes them a trip for you?

I get a sense that she has the sweet innocence of a child. A very wise child.
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 am

Javonni wrote:What makes them a trip for you?

You mentioned the audio tapes were a trip to listen to?
Randji

I get a sense that she has the sweet innocence of a child. A very wise child.
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 am

You mentioned the audio tapes were a trip to listen to?

Yes, Randiji, it is in listening to her audio tapes that I sense her childlike nature.
~Adyashanti

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 am

Javonni wrote:You mentioned the audio tapes were a trip to listen to?

Yes, Randiji, it is in listening to her audio tapes that I sense her childlike nature.

Ahh giggle, giggle, giggle :wink:
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 am

Her book One Simple Change is simplified Tao Te Ching.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

Shantibuba

Post by Shantibuba » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:53 pm

I have been involved with these teachings for a couple of years now and I can say that they have completely transformed my life. Before I heard the direct, clear instructions contained within, my life was fantastic. Now it is fantastically full of wide-open love, practical wisdom of how to be in every situation and natural, uncontrived compassion.

Do not under estimate the power of this simplest of teachings. It's power is in its simplicity, which allows it to be effortlessly integrated into every day life.
The website http://www.greatfreedom.org/ is a treasure trove of incredible resources. There are free books, hundreds of hours of free mp3 downloads and free videos to watch. Check it out.

Wide-open love to you all.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am

Her premise and expression are classic and emphasize presence - lots of little moments of presence, actually.

What is so interesting about Candice and Leonard Jacobsen, and Barry Long and Eckhart Tolle and Adyshanti and Loch Kelly and UG Krishnamurti, and Balkesar and Osho and on and on is the wide variety in personalities and speaking styles - both in body language and choice of topics and words. But how could it be otherwise? Just as in form we have different looking noses, we will have different personalities. Our personalities are constructed from birth in an egoic environment. Even the Dzogchen Buddhist monks, raised from birth in the temple have a wide variety of styles (and noses.)

Is every plant identical? Every snowflake? Every wave?

Manfiested realities like personalities and flowers and melodies reveal the infinite variety of Self-expressions through which Being can enjoy being.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Shantibuba

Post by Shantibuba » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 am

In each short moment of awareness we recognise our already perfected nature.

We instinctively recognise that which about us needs no description. Our natural presence is always the case and needs no intellectual speculation or analysis of anything to be brought into being.

We see clearly that basing our lives on the ever changing world of phenomena never leads to any lasting sense of ease or well-being. In each short moment we touch in with something that is truly reliable, completely indestructible and totally pristine and flawless. In that moment of recognition we know exactly who we are, we see our own wide-open nature with clarity and certainty.

Love to you all.

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Thu May 21, 2009 7:30 pm

I see this is a slightly older thread, but I wanted to add my two cents that Candice offers some excellent free audio talks on awakening on her website. She calls it "many short moments of peace practiced many times," or something close to that. Just the phrase alone captures the essence of practicing presence. The series of short talks by Candice and other teachers from her group are very helpful pointers to the path of awareness.

There are so many fine teachers now helping us all to move toward awareness so much more quickly than was possible in the past...or so it seems.

RC
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been busy with the Great Freedom classes and continue to be. I can't recommend them enough. The Great Freedom Teachings have brought about tremendous ease and relaxation in helping to rest as and rely on our True Nature rather than trying to find comfort and solutions in the apperances that come and go. The Great Freedom community, teachers, website, text, free audio is tremendously supportive. Truly Beneficial.

"Short Moments of Awareness repeated many times, Become Automatic." When I first read this teaching I thought yeah I did that for years and it never helped. I ended up coming back to look at Great Freedom again and realized Oh! It's no longer me trying to do short moments. It's short moments of Awareness many times, becoming continuous. I signed up and have not been disappointed.

Much Love,
Juno
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po