Jac O'Keeffe

Anois

Re: Jac O'Keeffe

Post by Anois » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:30 am

Jac is cracking me up !

Thankfully after reading Born to be Free, the cracks seem to have done some serious damage.

Hello Peace, Love, Joy !

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:06 am

I just came accross this video of Jac O'Keefe on a french blog dedicated to her. The video is in English. I find her explanation of the witness or observer phase very clear and to the point. The video is a little over 9 minutes. You may have to copy and paste the link below on your browser's address bar.

http://jacokeffe.blogspot.com/

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 am

Andy wrote:
She lives in Arunachala - where Maharshi lived...moved there after giving up her husband, job, etc...
Glad to report that effective Janaury 2011, she'll move to Costa Rica, where she'll be offering short and long retreats and satsangs. More info at:

http://www.jackieokeeffe.com/leelarica.html

paul_boro

Post by paul_boro » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Hiya Natalie,

I came across jac from the 'nevernothere' webcast in 2008 and her words clicked immediately.
Her book 'born to be free' is great and there are numerous free audio and video resources on her website.
x

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Here is a question from a student of hers: Is there such a thing as 'karma’?

Jac replies:
There are two answers to this question, and both are valid within their own context.
All actions that are caused/motivated by the ego have a karmic effect. The will of the ego is bonded with the law of cause and effect. The ego is the personal ownership of a cause, and karma is the personal ownership of the corresponding effect. When the ego is active, it owns its actions - 'I am doing this..'. If there is ownership of an action, ownership of the effect is inferred, and this is karma. Denying the ownership of an effect doesn't work because what we discuss here is a pattern within manifestation.

The idea of karma is energized and made real when the personal 'i' concept is running. In other words, when you believe that you are a separate person who has a life and free will, karma will also present as real. The world is both real and illusory, and it is unwise to neglect the reality of the illusion. These laws/patterns of manifestation are valid only within the illusion.

Divine will, or that which moves through your form when ego is not directing actions, leaves no trace. The organic movement of pure consciousness is not bound by cause and effect.
Good stuff, Jac. She got married, by the way to a wonderful guy -- I saw them both at SAND13 last October. The "Lila Rica" episode in her life did not go as expected and has ended. Her new website is jac-okeeffe.com.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce