John Sherman - Just One Look

kiki

John Sherman - Just One Look

Post by kiki » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 am

John is trying to organize what he hopes to be a global changing event - getting 700 million people to simultaneously "look at themselves", at their true nature. The date is yet to be determined, but it will be sometime next year. Here's your chance to participate and to spread the word.

Here is the site that explains it: http://www.justonelook.org/
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Amritam

Re: John Sherman - Just One Look

Post by Amritam » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am

I am on his mailing list and got the email and signed up. I find it very interesting!
To have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.~ Tilopa

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:52 am

Thank you Kiki. I signed up also.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

The "power of prayer" was something that intrigued me even before I read Tolle, as there is actual scientific evidence that if groups of people pray for certain things (for example, someone ill) they seem to be able to have an effect on the outcome.

So yeah ... I'm In! (btw, the form works with junk data in the last name and city/state fields, if they just need to count heads, this should suffice. the resulting e-mail is essentially just a heads-up to look out for the date they are going to choose).

I found John's take on post-awakening compassion rather interesting:

"This empathetic experience of the misery of others is called compassion, and it often arises automatically in the human mind that has lost its own layers of protective structures and neurotic reactive behaviors."

You know who could really use some compassion? -- anyone who feels compassion but hasn't yet awakened to true nature.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

nowist prime

Post by nowist prime » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I had a long drive yesterday and listened to a couple John's satsangs. he has a very interesting way of getting people back to themselves. He says give up searching as you are already there. there is no where else to go. LOL.

so when he says take a look at yourself is it the same as become present? because where else can anyone go when they are present. the self / being / soul / watcher / consciousness.

i am sure there has been asked before, how can i abide in the self for long periods of time or is this my mind trying to figure it out.

thanks,

goldieflower

Post by goldieflower » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

kiki wrote:The date is yet to be determined

November 13, 2012

:)

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks for the update, goldie. I signed up.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm

John Sherman is another enlightened teacher that simply says - begin by turning the arrow of attention around 180 degrees to where the inner-body resides.
Turn the Beam of Your Attention Inward

Now, use that skill to actually turn the beam of attention inward. Try to make a direct, unmediated contact with what it actually feels like to be you, just plain and simple you. You know what you are, and you will surely recognize yourself when you see yourself in this way. It really is that simple.
I call this action looking at yourself. If you will do just that, the day will come soon when all your disaffection with life will begin to depart, and with it the perception of your life as a problem to be solved, a threat to be destroyed, or the hiding place of a secret treasure that will bring fulfillment and satisfaction.
Repeat this as often as it occurs to you to do so. - John Sherman
These are the following spiritual teachers I have found that teach a 180 degree turning of attention around.

Byron Katie
Eckhart Tolle
Douglas Harding
John Sherman
Mooji

My Theory Of Why a 180 degree phase shift is required

The observable/unobserved universe is an interconnected wave medium. Matter actually exists as oscillators not as discrete particles, therefore they are not fixed but have opposite polarities. These oscillators are cycling from Being & Not Being at the speed of light. The brain-mind organism in each individual is a hologram of only the observal part of the universe... Which is the being part of the universe. Therefore the hologram is skewed to only one side or 180 degrees. The inner body is our access point to the other 180 degrees of the phase of the oscillator of a 360 degree cycle. Because by pointing our attention towards the unobservable inner body we negate the observable part, this helps balance our experience of reality which is a 360 degree cycle not merely 180 degrees.

At the moment I don't have enough scientific proof, because the quantum physics is still disputed and we still don't have enough proof that the brain is holographic... It is my simple hunch based on what a number of different great thinkers & spiritual teachers are pointing towards. But its a well thought out hunch!

If one day quantum physicists does eventually establish a wave structure of matter, & neuroscience comes up with a theory for the holographic brain, 2 + 2 will be put together, and someone will go... Wow there is a 180 degree discontinuity or split between thought & inner-body. This is the root of human suffering which manifests as wave interference patterns in the Inner-body sensations.
Last edited by ashley72 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

heidi

Post by heidi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:23 pm

He is doing the same thing, only divinely simply, that Candace O'Denver and the Balanced View people are doing. Thanks so much for this Kiki. He is as clear as a bell with his simple instructions for relying on short moments of clarity - or what the balanced view/great freedom guys call Open Intelligence. :-)
From minutes 3 to 8 in this video, he leads you directly to a moment of clarity. Wash, rinse, repeat :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bIJRtbxUZM#!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 am

Heidi, nice video link. John's message is a simple one... but not a new one... here's example of this simple pointer written by the Taoists over 2000 years ago :D

To govern the body and nuture essence, sleep & rest moderately, eat & drink appropriately, harmonize emotions, simplify activities. Those who are inwardly attentive to the self attain this and are immune to perverse energies ~ Lao-tzu (Wen-Tzu Understanding the Mysteries page 54.)

goldieflower

Post by goldieflower » Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Date has been changed - no email notification was received, as of yet.

Just happened to be over there - KR had a link in a post. :)

January 13, 2013 at 19:00 UTC (11:00 am California time)

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 pm

ashley72 wrote:Heidi, nice video link. John's message is a simple one... but not a new one... here's example of this simple pointer written by the Taoists over 2000 years ago :D

To govern the body and nuture essence, sleep & rest moderately, eat & drink appropriately, harmonize emotions, simplify activities. Those who are inwardly attentive to the self attain this and are immune to perverse energies ~ Lao-tzu (Wen-Tzu Understanding the Mysteries page 54.)
Ashley,
John's message isn't new, but the approach is radically simple. His technique is the same as Ramana's "who am I" and Nisargadatta's "sense of I AM" and Tolle's "presence" and Lao's "attentive to self" and "awareness of awareness" and your "attention on attention."

These techniques are exactly the same and they are each very effective and very simple and very ordinary, and they require no spiritual understanding or concepts. And even so, as you can see, most people get easily confused by the simplicity, and it seems that the more "spiritual" someone is, the more confused they get by this simplicity. I had felt that Ramana's and Nisargadatta's techniques were crucially important, and yet I did not really know what they were suggesting to me until I ran into John Sherman.

John Sherman's value is that he is particularly good at dispelling the abstraction and spiritual garbage around this simple thing.

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 am

karmarider wrote:These techniques are exactly the same and they are each very effective and very simple and very ordinary, and they require no spiritual understanding or concepts. And even so, as you can see, most people get easily confused by the simplicity, and it seems that the more "spiritual" someone is, the more confused they get by this simplicity. I had felt that Ramana's and Nisargadatta's techniques were crucially important, and yet I did not really know what they were suggesting to me until I ran into John Sherman.
I'm in 100% agreement with everything you say. I think our paths are very similar. We've both struggled with anxiety & depression and have searched for a way to end that suffering. No gimmicks, just a very very simple solution was required. We both knew it needed to be very simple for it to work naturally. :wink:

What can be more simply then Turning one's attention back onto what it feels like to be you... as often as you can remember...until it becomes second nature again!

heidi

Just One Look Jan 13

Post by heidi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Join John and Carla and people all over the planet Sunday, January 13 at 11:00 AM PST (2:00 my time EST) to take a moment for Just One Look.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lookingatyo ... FqxVFGBAIE
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Amritam

Post by Amritam » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 am

Sounds good. I will be participating.
To have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.~ Tilopa