Question about enlightenment and having a job

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Question about enlightenment and having a job

Postby Hush » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently red "True meditation" by Adyashanti and watched a lot of his videos on YouTube. And I also just started reading "Falling into grace". I just love his teachings but I have a question about becoming enlightened and still functioning at work. If you just kinda "go with the flow, and allow everything to be the way it is", how can one still find enough motivation to get all his/her work done? Most jobs require some kind of effort, so I don't really understand how one can combine the two.

Further I want to say that this is the first time that I'm posting something on this forum, but I've already red a lot of posts here. I came to this forum the first time after I red "The power of now".

Special thanks to Kiki, because she mentioned Adyashanti in one of the posts that I red.
Hush

Re: Question about enlightenment and having a job

Postby kiki » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Hush, and welcome to the board. Glad you followed up on Adya.

If you just kinda "go with the flow, and allow everything to be the way it is", how can one still find enough motivation to get all his/her work done? Most jobs require some kind of effort, so I don't really understand how one can combine the two.

Do what's required for the job, keeping in mind that it's a job and not who/what you are. If you want the benefits of a job, like money to keep a roof over your head and to feed yourself, then do what's necessary and then let it go. In other words, be mindful of creating an identity that is dependent upon your job or anything else. "True meditation" is designed to reveal what remains when all forms of doing cease - what remains is what you actually are. Get acquainted with that and then go about the business of living in this world.

Once again, welcome to the board.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Question about enlightenment and having a job

Postby Hush » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:45 am

Thank u for clarifying that Kiki!
Hush

Return to Adyashanti