The Awakened Way - By Adyashanti

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:34 am

din wrote:
Mike wrote:My experience of all these spiritual pointers has been that some of the stuff the established teachers, like Tolle, have written about has resonated within me. Some of it hasn't. And it's been the same with this forum. Some I have felt and understood, at a deeper level than mind, while some has been gobbledygook.

Hi Mike,

Can you share with us what was the good stuff and what was the gobbledygook. :roll:

Din,

Hi. I don't want to start comparing profound posts with gobbledygook posts. They would be my opion only. I will share a couple of posts that I have enjoyed recently though.

kiki wrote:Yes, just who is this "I" anyway? When everything is stripped away what's left? We can call it consciousness/ awareness, but even that limits it. What's consciousness/awareness? I'll never figure it out, but the experience of it is undeniable. But what is it? I haven't a clue.

din wrote:Do you not see that having a preference on eric's behaviour is just more story?

Why not allow eric all the room he needs to be?

Why have any preferences on how the forum should be?

Why have any preferences at all on how the present moment should unfold, whether it be in real life or here in the cyberworld?

If Milarepa's teacher had been kind to him, would he have made any spiritual progress???
"A quiet mind is all you need. All else will happen rightly, once your mind is quiet. In the light of calm and steady self-awareness, inner energies wake up and work miracles without effort on your part."
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Mike

Postby yougarksooo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:33 am

Joel said to Phil:
You sound like someone who is more interested is entelectualizing the ideas than seeing what the words point to.

Right. Thanks Joel. Phil, I might believe that you are interested in silence if I had seen any post of yours with words which point to being or peace or silence, other than the nature videos.

I know whatever I oppose, I strengthen. So, as I'm typing these words, I realize I am giving you more ego food. Phil, isn't that why your posts are full of questioning, challenging, attacking, debating? You know you will get a reaction. The ego gets a response. It feels satisfied as it pushes the "submit" button and out-does the other guy's post. It's a game and has little to do with finding truth. It's more about self-preservation.

Fun, isn't it?

And yet it has nothing at all to do with peace, which can only be found in you, Phil, not just in the beautiful field but in you. :) I will say it until you experience it. Did I out-do your post or am I pointing to something deeper? Don't worry....I already know your answer. The ego is more predictable than it is clever.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya
yougarksooo

Postby yougarksooo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Kiki said:
What is it like to live an awakened life?

Back to what this post started as, Kiki. I love the Adyashanti quote. I have had that in my email signature. Sometimes when we are talking about forms, identification, being, etc, it sounds as if we are complicating things to some people. It sounds as if there is some doctrine here. They mistake the words and concepts for philosophy or heavy thought when its the opposite. We are substracting information, not adding. Recognizing what is false allows the false to fall away. This gets lost sometimes as we communicate to others who have not become present. But Adyashanti simplifies and clarifies the awakened life so beautifully. I'm reminded of something I heard you say on here one day: "if you have a thought that you are enlightened, watch that thought also." :) Thanks
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya
yougarksooo

Postby kiki » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:17 pm

They mistake the words and concepts for philosophy or heavy thought when its the opposite. We are substracting information, not adding. Recognizing what is false allows the false to fall away.

Beautifully stated. It really is simple; adding anything complicates it. Be observant, notice the tendency to add, to philosophise, to analyze - that's the false. Recognizing the false as it happens pulls the rug out beneath it. Then you are without doctrine, without agenda, without anything except what you are in reality.
kiki

Postby eseward » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:00 pm

kiki and yougarksooo (2 of my favorite posters here), thank you. Appreciate the discussion.
eseward

Postby completeinthenow » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:15 am

Recognition of what distracts me into denying Spirit as It Is in the Now...

Yes, looking upon what is not needed, accepting it's presence in my mind then letting it drop without regret.

A Course in Miracles says that Love is beyond what can be taught. But the blocks to the awareness of Love's Presence can be acknowledged and brought to the light. Whatever dissolves in the Light is simply an illusion that hid the truth from our eyes. All that is Real and in the family of the Light of Being will remain.

Dropping the false and allowing what is already complete and true to shine through where we once had obscured and denyed.

Excellent point, thank you for your clarity on this.

Peace Is With Us

Israel
"Only what is loving is true." A Course in Miracles
completeinthenow

Postby kiki » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Whatever dissolves in the Light is simply an illusion that hid the truth from our eyes

Yes! That's just beautiful!
kiki

Re: The Awakened Way - By Adyashanti

Postby Jon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 pm

My biggest move forward after years of analysis looking at buddhism, taoism, psychology, after fighting all kinds of ills of the human kind came to me from Tolle.
I did learn a lot of intellectual things about erm intellectual things however, it was the very simple act of doing that was the most significant advancement in my life. I actually shut up and sat there held my hands up and wow felt my inner body. Before i was sort of inducing silence of the mind with too strict a discipline
I was watching my thoughts then later intellectually analyzing them. His laughter helped me more than his words to....... In it I feel a man who stands outside wordly affairs with compassion and just cannot contain his giggles at the innocent unconsciousness of mankind. Lets not forget Tolle theories are not even the point, Ultimately his point is 'nothing' is 'silence' is 'being.' There can be no argument within the silence of the mind anything at all outside this is somewhat supercilious :)
Jon

Previous

Return to Adyashanti