Adyashanti

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Adyashanti live radio show June 14th

Postby Vpopov81 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Today at 6 p.m. pacific Adyashanti will be doing a live radio show with callers. Just wanted to spread the word go to http://www.adyashanti.org
Vpopov81

Postby kiki » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Vpopov81. Get there early because there is a limit to how many can listen.
kiki

Postby yougarksooo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:29 am

Kiki, what is Adya's connection to Gangaji again. Did I miss the explanation?

Tolle, Adya, and Gangaji are three of my favorites. I've often wondered how each influenced the other

The first time I read Diamond in your Pocket from Gangaji, I kept wondering what she was talking about when she said "who you really are." It's like she never explained it. Back then, I needed a mental understanding, or thought I did. I remember getting through over half the book, and going "WHAT IS IT, TELL ME ALREADY?"

he he

It's funny now...

It can't really be spoken.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya
yougarksooo

Postby kiki » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:41 am

yougarksooo wrote:Kiki, what is Adya's connection to Gangaji again.

There isn't a direct connection between them but I've heard him mention her some time ago in one of his talks and he has good things to say about her. He had two main teachers, Arvis Justi and Jakusho Kwong Roshi of the San Francisco Zen Center. If I gave the impression that there was a direct link to Gangaji then I was wrong and I apologize.
kiki

Postby yougarksooo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:31 am

There isn't a direct connection between them but I've heard him mention her some time ago in one of his talks and he has good things to say about her.

Yes, she seems to speak clearly from direct experience. I can't see how you can fake that.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya
yougarksooo

Postby Annie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Two new videos available July 5th 2007;
Adyashanti - Beyond the Veils
Adyashanti and Loch Kelly; Dialogues; Zen, Nondualism

found on homepage http://www.seekeraftertruth.com
Annie.
'There is no greater miracle than being present. Everything begins and never ends from this.'
Robert Burton.
Annie

Re: Adyashanti

Postby blueviceroy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 am

Adyashanti made an understanding pop out when he said" you created me to remind you"

He spoke from his soul to mine . I felt the real love It was love for humanity
blueviceroy

Postby kiki » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:04 am

Adyashanti made an understanding pop out when he said" you created me to remind you"

I always loved that line too. It's like we don't really believe that we have what we are looking for so we create what appears to be "other" who does - this is part of the dance, the play of the one consciousness, creating only what appears to be separate individuals, some of whom are "enlightened" while others aren't. And all the while it's the one consciousness in various modes of appearance.

A good teacher really just reflects to the student what they really are so they can see it in themselves. Adyashanti, in my opinion, is a great reflector. The mistake people make, I think, is to turn the teacher into something they aren't. They become objects of veneration, honor, or scorn depending on the current egoic need, when really all they really are are clear reflectors of the truth that lies within each person. Only on the surface are differences apparent, while the core reality is one and the same for all.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby D'ray » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Hey, I like him.

I listened some .mp3's from his site. He seems to be very "pure" if you know what I mean.

It is freedom to feel, not freedom from feelings.
There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.
D'ray

Postby D'ray » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:32 pm

I'm listening to Spontaneus awakening and it is absolutely superb. He speaks about the "traps" and all the sillyness after the initial enlightement experience. It is simplity that you are after!

READ THIS BOOK IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING AFTER THE FIRST TRUE NOW EXPERINCE !!
There's no "I" to become enlightened. The "I" can have spiritual experiences.

DON'T resist the RESISTANCE! The resistance is there. Walk into it. Feel it. Become one with it.
D'ray

Postby PROJECTMAYHEM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:17 am

i like adyashanti, when i first listened to him, he said something about letting go..i was afraid to let go, i wanted alittle control over my mind because of how bad i was identified with it(i was/am insane) but now thats what really helped me, is to let everything arise and just stay silent and feel AND of course this forum has helped alot too!

LOVE YOU GUYS, PEACE
PROJECTMAYHEM

Previous

Return to Adyashanti